Hey guys I have this ADX VY_V6_SC_$07_Enhanced_v1.2d(A5 wideband & B10 3bar MAP).adx and it works great.
Im trying to log my 14point7 wideband on this adx and im having trouble getting the reading correct. I have the wideband output into pin A5 and I have the wideband using one of the earth's in the pcm plug.
If i leave the calculation the same as it says in the description I get a reading of 10.38 and its just a flat line.
I used google ai to help but it wasnt much help, I changed package offset from 45 to 41 and 44 and the reading went up and down but stayed in the 10.0 to 11.0 range instead of flat lining at 10.38.
Google is telling me to change the calculation and its using a mix of the 14point7 and innovative calculations that are in the description box. It wants me to use
((20-10)*(x255))+10 instead of ((20-10)*(x1024))+10 which is in the description box for the 14point7 wideband.
When i first got this adx I had to change the packet offset to 2E to 31 Hex (49 Dec) so im assuming its something similar to that to gst the wideband reading the right scale. Thanks guys
Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
-
Spookydriftr
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am
- cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
if its not moveing you have a signal in to the pcm problem. fix that first, then change equasion to fix scale. 14point7 give 2 known and values for a moment on startup so you should see 2 steps then variable signal when you power on the WB.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Spookydriftr
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am
- cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
I did a continuity test from the pin in the plug to the back of the pin by pulling the PCM out of its case and I will double check it has not come loose in the wide band control box. The pin I am using is pin A5 and I determined that by looking at the plugs on the PCM and it is the middle pink plug and it has an A on the end of the plug and the numbers on the plug.
It didn't have a wire going to A5 so I got one out of a wiring harness I have from an old ecotec engine and put it into A5 and connected it to the wideband controller box. I'll double check the wire in the controller box is definitely not pulled out.
If i have the package offset as 41 44 or 46 it reads up and down but it almost follows the tps graph so im guessing they are not right either. I used the video from Nigel on Setting up wideband tunerpro on YouTube to get the wideband calculation. The signal wire is going to the 14 in 1 gauge from JRP also.... ill double.check the wideband signal wire and get back to you
It didn't have a wire going to A5 so I got one out of a wiring harness I have from an old ecotec engine and put it into A5 and connected it to the wideband controller box. I'll double check the wire in the controller box is definitely not pulled out.
If i have the package offset as 41 44 or 46 it reads up and down but it almost follows the tps graph so im guessing they are not right either. I used the video from Nigel on Setting up wideband tunerpro on YouTube to get the wideband calculation. The signal wire is going to the 14 in 1 gauge from JRP also.... ill double.check the wideband signal wire and get back to you
-
Spookydriftr
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am
- cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
It definitely has continuity from the wide band controller box to pin A5 and I checked yesterday the plug that goes into the PCM as continuity from the plug to the back of the socket inside the PCM only thing I can think of is I haven't actually got it into pin A5. It is the black wire, 5th from the left i added into the plug and it is the middle plug on a vy l67 commodore S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
Why did you say kalmaker in the subject and then mention an enhanced adx?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Spookydriftr
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am
- cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
Because i have a kalmaker tune and this is the adx I was told to use from vx l67 getrag on here at pcm hacking and everything else workd well
-
Spookydriftr
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am
- cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
viewtopic.php?t=7096
This is where I got the adx from
This is where I got the adx from
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
well you're mixing bins and adx, so you're lucky it works at all. we cant speak to if or how the wideband input is setup for kalmaker. it looks like its different to enhanced, if its there at all. how to do it for kalmaker with a mismatched adx is a different question. Both bins are based on the same thing, but they're not the same and wideband is not a factory option that was there in the base factory bin. I am not saying it can't be done, but I am saying kalmaker is a critical detail and probably changes things.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Spookydriftr
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am
- cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
The only thing I have loaded on tunerpro is the enhanced adx.
When I originally asked how to log boost on tunerpro with the kalmaker tune VX L67 Getrag posted this adx for the kalmaker tune and it specifically says b10 for logging boost and A5 for wideband. You even replied to him saying cool nicely done so i assumed it was the right thing to use.
Hes said he moved around things to log boost on b10 which works perfectly and a5 for wideband. I just had to change the package offset as advised by Kojab to 32 hex(49) and it worked perfectly logging boost on a 3bar map sensor.
Im assuming something like that will need to be changed to scale afr properly but I dont know thats why im asking for help. Should I have an xdf loaded into tunerpro also?
When I originally asked how to log boost on tunerpro with the kalmaker tune VX L67 Getrag posted this adx for the kalmaker tune and it specifically says b10 for logging boost and A5 for wideband. You even replied to him saying cool nicely done so i assumed it was the right thing to use.
Hes said he moved around things to log boost on b10 which works perfectly and a5 for wideband. I just had to change the package offset as advised by Kojab to 32 hex(49) and it worked perfectly logging boost on a 3bar map sensor.
Im assuming something like that will need to be changed to scale afr properly but I dont know thats why im asking for help. Should I have an xdf loaded into tunerpro also?
-
Spookydriftr
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:57 am
- cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67
Re: Help logging afr on tunerpro l67 vy Commodore kalmaker
This is a modified enhanced adx as far as im aware but obviously i dont know what I'm talking about so who knows