I've had someone send me some formula holden memcals, and was wondering if anyone had any further information about them.
There is 4 in total.
- Original removed from vehicle, labelled "FB7 07/05/93"
- Spare #1, labelled "FB7 07/05/93"
- Spare #2, labelled "FB5 No Check"
- Socketed "Fueltronics" which is using a 27C512 EPROM with a stacked 27C128 file
Original and spare #1 read as a perfect match.
Fueltronics and spare #2 are almost a perfect match (fueltronics has 7450 RPM limiter, spare #2 7175 RPM).
I also found these posted by VL400 back in 2010:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=140&p=8784#p8784
The one there labelled "5D formula holden" is a otherwise perfect match for the original here - just with a completely different VE and open loop AFR table.
Unfortunately the stickers over the EPROM on the original and spare #1 had fallen off, so it's possible they may be corrupt. However it doesn't seem like they are.
Formula Holden BIN Files
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Formula Holden BIN Files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Formula Holden BIN Files
Yeah I have a copy of the $5D ? one. There is not a lot in them. VE and spark are about the only things changed and idle set to max 1600 rpm. No other efforts were made to make them run better at idle, warm up or transients, which is all pretty typical in the early days of EFI tuning.
I'll check them out latter and see if there is anything different to the one I have.
Btw, I have a 12P one I ported over, but with 968 440cc injector data given that is what I have in my parts stash and is an ideal sized injector for these engines that is available as genuine.
FYI, the FH tune I have had the stock Holden injector data in them, but I know they ran higher flowing ones (magna style ones maybe?) in place. It's amazing they ran any good at all, let alone raced so successfully.
I wish I could get more detailed info on this side of things, but the FH people are so bloody cagey and I got banned from their FB group without warning or reason before I got much of a chance to engage with anyone.
I'll check them out latter and see if there is anything different to the one I have.
Btw, I have a 12P one I ported over, but with 968 440cc injector data given that is what I have in my parts stash and is an ideal sized injector for these engines that is available as genuine.
FYI, the FH tune I have had the stock Holden injector data in them, but I know they ran higher flowing ones (magna style ones maybe?) in place. It's amazing they ran any good at all, let alone raced so successfully.
I wish I could get more detailed info on this side of things, but the FH people are so bloody cagey and I got banned from their FB group without warning or reason before I got much of a chance to engage with anyone.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Formula Holden BIN Files
Checked them out, they all appear exactly the same as the copy I already have.
Confirmed they all use the $5D XDF as well.
Confirmed they all use the $5D XDF as well.