Vr v6 manual conversion
-
Vncommo26
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 3:11 am
- cars: Vn
Vp
Vr
Vs
Torana
Hr
Vr v6 manual conversion
Hi everyone not sure if this is allowed. Im doing a manual conversion in my vr berlina v6. I habe the whole manual conversion out of a vn. My question is what ecu to use? People say you can run the vr auto ecu but have had issues and i was thinking about using a vn ecu and vn engine loom. If any can shed some light that would be awesome cheers.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vr v6 manual conversion
Use the VN ecu and loom, but you'll need to patch through the body/under dash loom to the right pin out. I made my own patch loom that coveted the right pin out.
I also repurposed the the power/eco button wiring to be the VSS. I punched a hole in the tunnel to the factory VN-VP 20mm size and rejigged the wiring in the VN/VP manual box patch loom and rigged it to the eco/power wiring for the VSS and routed the the reverse lights to the old auto safety switch reverse light wiring.
Here is my old info I had from 10+ years ago. You can ignore the serial data wire, unless you have a manual VR ecu that would can wire up to to the main serial bus, just ignore it if you are using the VN ECU as they lack the high speed serial.
The rest is right though.
I don't think I have the pics of the eco/power button area on hand, I did post it in my built thread if you feel like trawling though 350+ pages and 15 years worth of posts.
I also repurposed the the power/eco button wiring to be the VSS. I punched a hole in the tunnel to the factory VN-VP 20mm size and rejigged the wiring in the VN/VP manual box patch loom and rigged it to the eco/power wiring for the VSS and routed the the reverse lights to the old auto safety switch reverse light wiring.
Here is my old info I had from 10+ years ago. You can ignore the serial data wire, unless you have a manual VR ecu that would can wire up to to the main serial bus, just ignore it if you are using the VN ECU as they lack the high speed serial.
The rest is right though.
I don't think I have the pics of the eco/power button area on hand, I did post it in my built thread if you feel like trawling though 350+ pages and 15 years worth of posts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Vncommo26
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 3:11 am
- cars: Vn
Vp
Vr
Vs
Torana
Hr
Re: Vr v6 manual conversion
Yeah right gotcha, cheers for answering mate. When you say patch through the body to the right pinout, what do you mean?
Can i just chuck in the vn ecu and vn engine loom on the vr motor and where it goes round to the relay/fuse block and make 2 plugs that fit? Or is that what you meant? Cheere
Can i just chuck in the vn ecu and vn engine loom on the vr motor and where it goes round to the relay/fuse block and make 2 plugs that fit? Or is that what you meant? Cheere