Has anyone successfully made PATS off.
Also looking for ways to write the chip.
Seems like the flash supplied to the Intel 8065 processor is from Intel 28F010 (1-Mbit / 128KB) anyone written those directly?
I don't want ot invest in a $250 quarterhorse just to immo off the ecu.
96-97 4.6L V8
ID: F6ZF-12A650-KE
BOX: ZXA4
STGY: CDAN4
BIN
QuarterHorse
IF anyone has any info please let me know.
Thanks
Photo inside (don't look so easy no PDIP)
EEC-V 112kb 2 bank PATS OFF
-
von1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:38 pm
- cars: 2004 F250 5.4 EEC-V,
EEC-V 112kb 2 bank PATS OFF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
SubnetMask
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:42 pm
- cars: 95 Cougar
04 Silverado
19 CT6
Re: EEC-V 112kb 2 bank PATS OFF
You don't need a Quarterhorse to do it.
There are probably other ways to do it, but go over to efidynotuning.com and take a look in the forum. Get Tunerpro (free), grab the CDAN4 definition from EFIDynoTuning (also free), there is also a ZXA4 bin there that you can download if you want. You can then open that BIN and apply the 'ANTI_THEFT_SW - PATS_DISABLE' patch. From there you have a few options. You can go over to Moates and get a Jaybird and a chip, which will allow TunerPro to write that BIN to the chip, which you then install on the J3 port on the ECM, thus overriding the flash on the PCM.
Another thing you MAY be able to do, although I'm not sure if the CDAN4 PCMs are supported, is go to ECUTools.eu and purchase PCMFlash with module 29 and get a proper J2534 device such as a Mongoose (I have and use a GM MDI2). This would allow you to read your actual BIN from the PCM that you could modify, and then reflash the PCM directly. But in order to modify a BIN read with PCMFlash, you need to reorder the banks in the BIN. Decipha has a 'utility' to do the conversion somewhere on the forum, or I purchased the bank order swap utility from customecm.com, which works great. But Again to be clear, while the CDAN4, I believe was technically OBD2 compliant and capable of being reflashed over the OBD2 port, I'm not sure if PCMFlash supports those. I use it on 2004 EEC-V's.
There are probably other ways to do it, but go over to efidynotuning.com and take a look in the forum. Get Tunerpro (free), grab the CDAN4 definition from EFIDynoTuning (also free), there is also a ZXA4 bin there that you can download if you want. You can then open that BIN and apply the 'ANTI_THEFT_SW - PATS_DISABLE' patch. From there you have a few options. You can go over to Moates and get a Jaybird and a chip, which will allow TunerPro to write that BIN to the chip, which you then install on the J3 port on the ECM, thus overriding the flash on the PCM.
Another thing you MAY be able to do, although I'm not sure if the CDAN4 PCMs are supported, is go to ECUTools.eu and purchase PCMFlash with module 29 and get a proper J2534 device such as a Mongoose (I have and use a GM MDI2). This would allow you to read your actual BIN from the PCM that you could modify, and then reflash the PCM directly. But in order to modify a BIN read with PCMFlash, you need to reorder the banks in the BIN. Decipha has a 'utility' to do the conversion somewhere on the forum, or I purchased the bank order swap utility from customecm.com, which works great. But Again to be clear, while the CDAN4, I believe was technically OBD2 compliant and capable of being reflashed over the OBD2 port, I'm not sure if PCMFlash supports those. I use it on 2004 EEC-V's.
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
-
von1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:38 pm
- cars: 2004 F250 5.4 EEC-V,
Re: EEC-V 112kb 2 bank PATS OFF
Extremely helpful, thank you so much!!
and thanks for the PCMflash idea but thats only good on the newer EEC-V 4 bank, ive used it once, actually got the original dongle and module & tool
-
roughneck427
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 am
- cars: 2002 Camaro
2008 Pontiac G8
Re: EEC-V 112kb 2 bank PATS OFF
i use an old sct x2 on these
-
SubnetMask
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:42 pm
- cars: 95 Cougar
04 Silverado
19 CT6
Re: EEC-V 112kb 2 bank PATS OFF
Yes, I have PCMFlash too and use it on a 2004 PCM. I wasn't entirely sure if it supported the 2-bank or not. Probably not a technical limitation, just something that hasn't been implemented if I had to guess. roughneck427 says he uses a SCT xt for that, but I'm not sure how you'd use it without the SCT software. It can do the read and flash, but you'd need to change the file you're flashing in. Seems like a Jaybird and a chip may be the best option.von1 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2026 4:11 pm
Extremely helpful, thank you so much!!
and thanks for the PCMflash idea but thats only good on the newer EEC-V 4 bank, ive used it once, actually got the original dongle and module & tool![]()
-
DWS
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
- cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
- Location: USA
Re: EEC-V 112kb 2 bank PATS OFF
I actually contacted the dev for PCM Flash, more or less he stated there's not enough interest in the older ones for him to dev it. He did give me a dev build that had "EEC-IV" enabled even though it's EEC-V. I guess over seas things are labeled in a weird way vs how we see things in the USA lol. Either case both versions half worked but failed, I think it's probably an easy fix, but the focus is on what's popular, so newer stuff.SubnetMask wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2026 9:18 pmYes, I have PCMFlash too and use it on a 2004 PCM. I wasn't entirely sure if it supported the 2-bank or not. Probably not a technical limitation, just something that hasn't been implemented if I had to guess. roughneck427 says he uses a SCT xt for that, but I'm not sure how you'd use it without the SCT software. It can do the read and flash, but you'd need to change the file you're flashing in. Seems like a Jaybird and a chip may be the best option.von1 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2026 4:11 pm
Extremely helpful, thank you so much!!
and thanks for the PCMflash idea but thats only good on the newer EEC-V 4 bank, ive used it once, actually got the original dongle and module & tool![]()
In theory, it might be possible to flash the internal chip via J3, of my understanding no one has ever pulled it off though. There has been at least one person that successfully flashed an EPROM from the older EEC-IV era computers, but they used the actual adapter built for Ford, so kind of cheating and sadly the tech details of how it worked wasn't shared in the post sadly for others to reproduce, just photos of the bare board to reference.
QH isn't required, a more simple J3 tuner chip should be slightly cheaper, just less features. I think Binary Editor is able to flash the 2 bank computers, but I've never tried personally and their coverage is pretty hit and miss.
Fun little extra, there's some 56k computers with EEPROMs, so technically should be possible to flash them some way as well (J3 only?). EPROM based ones of my understand must be physically removed from the circuit to write, but that's older than these 112k computers.
PCM Flash does work great for 216k era ~98-04 EEC-V, too bad 96-97ish 112k isn't covered even though it's also labeled as EEC-V.
Worth a mention there's also TI Performance that sells a programmer + J3 chip. Nothing too crazy, tuner pro is used to write it just like a QH. Price wise, I think they are similar costs, so likely depends on location for which is the better choice. I personally have a Burn2 with the adapters to hook to the J3 port for reading calibrations (that software is really funky to use), and also the TI Performance programmer + J3 chips. I think I grabbed a QH, but don't recall for sure, if I own one, I haven't used it, but the live tuning ability could be a useful feature.
I know nothing about other companies, but SCT I have heard mentioned a bit.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
- Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
- Bank Swapping
- View VIN and other info about the bin file