12P scaled map reading
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
12P scaled map reading
Having an issue with one of my cars and suspect a blocked muffler but when logging I see a scaled map reading. An example of my readings is when the 3 bar map shows 110KPa the output voltage is already pegged at a maximum of 5 volts. Shouldn't it be showing just over 1/3rd of the 5 volts? I would expect around 1.7 to 1.8 volts. I also checked the map pressure key on engine off and it shows 103KPa so it's reading OK. Is this a bug in 12P?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 12P scaled map reading
Not sure but the scalaing is in the ADX. It might mean you have the 1 bar not the 3 bar ADX loaded. Check which ADX.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 12P scaled map reading
Don't know if you have time to look but it says 3bar adx. I'm not up on the equations etc with this kind of stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 12P scaled map reading
post the log and the bin as well
I am just form the angle that my car is set for 2 bar in the bin, and it runs fine. and accidentally have the wrong ADX loaded and I see the wrong kpa in the ADX, because the display has a different scale in the ADX, whereas the ECM just gives 0-100% of the analog value in the data stream for max internal resolution.
I am just form the angle that my car is set for 2 bar in the bin, and it runs fine. and accidentally have the wrong ADX loaded and I see the wrong kpa in the ADX, because the display has a different scale in the ADX, whereas the ECM just gives 0-100% of the analog value in the data stream for max internal resolution.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 12P scaled map reading
So it looks like don't worry abt that scale. I have to get a O2 bung so I can put my pressure gauge in and see just what's happening but my guess is a blocked muffler because it won't rev above 4000rpm. I'll post back the findings.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 12P scaled map reading
if your rpm signal looks ok, probably yes. if rpm is glitching at 4000 look there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 12P scaled map reading
Latest BIN and LOG.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 12P scaled map reading
I've had a look, and I dont see anything wrong in the logs. It seems to be sitting at high vacume at idle, and getting up to about 130kpa in boot. 1 thing that does look off is I cant see anything in the monitors view. That could be a problem my side I'll need to investigate.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: 12P scaled map reading
Just did a log on my other car and it's the same 5 volts @ atmospheric pressure but map reading good so my guess is there is an error in the ADX but that's beyond my so at this stage I'll ignore it. I'll get back to my testing to find out why it won't rev past 4G as soon as a replacement mirror gets here. The cops wait at the top of my street regularly (not for me) and I broke the LH mirror and it's required for roadworthy.