Ants delco twin cam gemini
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
That will be a rocket.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Managed to snap the dipstick while doing some engine mods (more on that later) and then tried to tack it back together for short term use but the weld melted an unknown amount of metal out the middle of it, so I need to find or make another.
So, gemwreck qld was nice enough to send me this reference pic of the length of the g200w twincam dipstick. So I'll post it here for the internet to archive incase anyone else finds themselves with the engine and without the dipstick and also needs this exact information. 285mm from tip to shoulder and 10mm from the bottom to the low mark and 25mm more (35mm from the end) for the high mark.
Other Isuzu dispsticks, like 4ZE1 (though nobody probably wants to seperate from a 4ZE1) are the same type of construction, just longer, and would make a good donor. I'll see what I can find down the wreckers for my puposes.
So, gemwreck qld was nice enough to send me this reference pic of the length of the g200w twincam dipstick. So I'll post it here for the internet to archive incase anyone else finds themselves with the engine and without the dipstick and also needs this exact information. 285mm from tip to shoulder and 10mm from the bottom to the low mark and 25mm more (35mm from the end) for the high mark.
Other Isuzu dispsticks, like 4ZE1 (though nobody probably wants to seperate from a 4ZE1) are the same type of construction, just longer, and would make a good donor. I'll see what I can find down the wreckers for my puposes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
We have a starting point, things are running and working. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
I would measure the size of the hole the dipstick fits into then see if a local wrecker will let you have a scrounge around for one that fits the hole and if too long that's an advantage. I'm surprised the wrecker that sent you the pic had one of those engines in stock. Their getting old now.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Oh yeah, that one is solved. The one who sent the picture was Elky up in QLD from specialist gemwreck. Good guy. Because he is a gemini guy he had one in his car, but not to spare. I have used him for other gemini parts too. https://www.facebook.com/p/GemWreck-100064048692868/
I just searched generic aftermarket ones and found the longest I could get, and bought that. It was really hard to cut but I cut it and eventually managed to drill the high and low points as per the reference pic so that is all solved. The aftermarket one was "Engine Oil Dipstick For Mazda 2 2007-12 DE 1.3 1.5 Mazda 3 2004-12 BK BL 1.6 AU" for $13 (I search it now and can be found cheaper too) and its not original but it is very long. Worked out OK.
I should document the issue I hit with going boost on 12p. I knew the boost AFR tables are blank out of the box, and I populated them, but my issue was there is also cold engine boost AFR tables and I had missed them. So they were zero and the ECM flipped out (that is, lost all power and it didnt come back even when off boost) with a cold engine. So when takeing an NA tune, populating boost, and adding a 2 bar map, that is one to watch out for and another table that needs base data.
I just searched generic aftermarket ones and found the longest I could get, and bought that. It was really hard to cut but I cut it and eventually managed to drill the high and low points as per the reference pic so that is all solved. The aftermarket one was "Engine Oil Dipstick For Mazda 2 2007-12 DE 1.3 1.5 Mazda 3 2004-12 BK BL 1.6 AU" for $13 (I search it now and can be found cheaper too) and its not original but it is very long. Worked out OK.
I should document the issue I hit with going boost on 12p. I knew the boost AFR tables are blank out of the box, and I populated them, but my issue was there is also cold engine boost AFR tables and I had missed them. So they were zero and the ECM flipped out (that is, lost all power and it didnt come back even when off boost) with a cold engine. So when takeing an NA tune, populating boost, and adding a 2 bar map, that is one to watch out for and another table that needs base data.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
Not hard to cut with an angle grinder. Glad to see you got one.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
yeah it was more the drill. it was harder steel than the bit! had to tap it, clamp it, use the drill press. got there in the end but it wanted to spin and spin and spin and not cut!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ants delco twin cam gemini
engine bay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396