PMHammer message: Unable to transmit, Unexpected response

Programs / Tools / Scripts
CDNL
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2026 9:24 pm

PMHammer message: Unable to transmit, Unexpected response

Post by CDNL »

Whenever I read a pcm with PCMHammer I get the following message : Unable to transmit, Unexpected Response. I have read a Black Box, 411 and a P59 pcm, and the massage appears in the results logs for all three pcms I read. Other than that there are no other problems with the read.
I'm using a bench harness with an OBDX Pro VX connected via usb cable.
Is this something that I should be concerned with?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PMHammer message: Unable to transmit, Unexpected response

Post by antus »

It would be interesting to see the debug log but no, I would not be concerned. It looks like some kind of unexpected bus traffic and it is logged but not causing issues. I am not sure why the unable to transmit message. But the interface is not dead and everything continues normally.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
CDNL
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2026 9:24 pm

Re: PMHammer message: Unable to transmit, Unexpected response

Post by CDNL »

Thanks for your quick response Antus. I have attached the debug logs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.