Main Spark Advance vs MAP and RPM is giving me an issue. Need to get a simple base tune on a memcal (27C128) to run up in a VP 5L.
Cannot find any VN/ VP bins with the extension tables required. How do I paste that table in there?
VN/VP V8 tune
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: VN/VP V8 tune
There are no spark extension tables for std VN/VP. The main spark table only goes to 4800.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: VN/VP V8 tune
Beyond that the KADVSLOP scalar specifies how many extra degrees per thousand rpm
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: VN/VP V8 tune
No probs there Vk.
When writing a tune to the DS1245Y on NV RAM board, what offset is needed?
I have used BBMP to start off with along with $FB B XDF to do a little editing pre write. It's attached here in standard offset and then also in the recommended offset (I think!?) according to NV RAM instructions.
Problem is that when I open the offset bin in TP all tables are null and of equal value so I must be offsetting it wrong or maybe it doesn't actually need to be offset as I'm running just a single tune and have no plan to switch tunes just yet.
So...................do I need to offset it at all and if so where am I going wrong?
When writing a tune to the DS1245Y on NV RAM board, what offset is needed?
I have used BBMP to start off with along with $FB B XDF to do a little editing pre write. It's attached here in standard offset and then also in the recommended offset (I think!?) according to NV RAM instructions.
Problem is that when I open the offset bin in TP all tables are null and of equal value so I must be offsetting it wrong or maybe it doesn't actually need to be offset as I'm running just a single tune and have no plan to switch tunes just yet.
So...................do I need to offset it at all and if so where am I going wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: VN/VP V8 tune
If I understand your question correctly then the answer is no, don't offset the files. Your offsets look right but they are only for writing the bin to the chip, you don't modify the file itself at all for different offsets.
Simply take your BBMP bin and program it to the NVRAM at position 0x0C000 (and/or 0x1C000).
Simply take your BBMP bin and program it to the NVRAM at position 0x0C000 (and/or 0x1C000).
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: VN/VP V8 tune
Yeah, that's what I did with the attached bin labelled "offset bmp" yet when opened using $FB all the tables are at null values.VK_3800 wrote:If I understand your question correctly then the answer is no, don't offset the files. Your offsets look right but they are only for writing the bin to the chip, you don't modify the file itself at all for different offsets.
Simply take your BBMP bin and program it to the NVRAM at position 0x0C000 (and/or 0x1C000).
The other bin bump which started from the default location looks correct when opened in TP but I'm not sure if it will work?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VN/VP V8 tune
The xdf expects the bin to start at 0x0000, the ecu needs it aligned so that it ends at 0xffff. There is a global offset in the header options of the xdf which you can use to tell tp about the offset if you have it top end justified on disc.
Any reason why your not using 12p?
Any reason why your not using 12p?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
krusty
- Posts: 572
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am
- cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
Re: VN/VP V8 tune
I'm keen to use $12P but just want to load a stock 32k bin 1st off as a learning excercise. Just taking small steps to try the software out at this stage. Also trying to source a 27SF512 eeprom as well to complete my "dedicated tuning memcalantus wrote:The xdf expects the bin to start at 0x0000, the ecu needs it aligned so that it ends at 0xffff. There is a global offset in the header options of the xdf which you can use to tell tp about the offset if you have it top end justified on disc.
Any reason why your not using 12p?