Nothing connects to PCM anymore

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
KonkeyWacker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2026 7:28 am
cars: 2000 Vx Commodore wagon
Toyota Hiace (daily)
2X Mitsubishi Sigma's (bush bashers)

Nothing connects to PCM anymore

Post by KonkeyWacker »

Well... It has finally happened, I have proper bricked the pcm for the first time...

It started off fine then everything went to crap... writing the enhanced bin for my vx v6, all was going well...
Well that was until my laptop decided to crap itself mid write. Not a problem, break out the programmer, desolder the chip, write the file, all seems good...
Come time to test in car, everything seems fine but thought I would clear any codes and whatnot while im there... says ignition not on and to turn on... okay this is odd... but turn ignition off and try again, still nothing... swap to OSE, cannot silence F1... oh, this is not good, pull fuses for BMC, try again, now can't silence F7, even worse.
Pull out and put it on the bench harness, nothing... can't silence, can't find ecu, nothing at all...
Pulled the chip and put original bin back in, verified and everything is perfectly fine... same issue...

Anyone have any ideas one what to start looking at? or maybe if I did something wrong?
I am stumped because both the enhanced and stock bins give the same error...
How hard can this be? Oh shit I Bricked the ecu!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Nothing connects to PCM anymore

Post by antus »

nothing much to add... re-check your work. soldering, connections, flash. If that is all right it should work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Nothing connects to PCM anymore

Post by Gareth »

I have had success in the past recovering bricked flash PCM's with ACdelco TIS, not sure if these PCM's are still supported though.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
KonkeyWacker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2026 7:28 am
cars: 2000 Vx Commodore wagon
Toyota Hiace (daily)
2X Mitsubishi Sigma's (bush bashers)

Re: Nothing connects to PCM anymore

Post by KonkeyWacker »

I think it is my cable, tunerpro wont recognise it when I do the test, it show up in my comm devices tho
How hard can this be? Oh shit I Bricked the ecu!
User avatar
Muncie
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
Location: New Zealand Waikato

Re: Nothing connects to PCM anymore

Post by Muncie »

Id say you have a bridge in your solder if youve had the flash chip out or leg that hasnt fully taken to pad. Ive done it before just clean up try again, if its your lead though it should still start if you did chip in programmer.
KonkeyWacker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2026 7:28 am
cars: 2000 Vx Commodore wagon
Toyota Hiace (daily)
2X Mitsubishi Sigma's (bush bashers)

Re: Nothing connects to PCM anymore

Post by KonkeyWacker »

okay so 100% the cable, ran tests on the cable and it is out of action, at least I know what the issue is now, good news is they are sending me a new one so that's good
How hard can this be? Oh shit I Bricked the ecu!