I am using compression, but I wouldnt be surpirised if I could speed it up some. Those times are start to finish including pushing the kernel. I have completed around 20 writes split between an e92 and e92a trying cal, OS + cal, eeprom only, and full clones. I have also been switching between MDI1 and MDI2. Not a single hickup yet.fl0wl0w wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:20 pmAwesome! Thank you for testing! Did you try using LZ4 compression? I am able to read in 90 seconds and write in less than 2 minutes. but you have to pipeline it just right, Erase Block, Write Block, Erase Block... My kernel queues up the erases and writes so if you pipeline it like this there is always data in flight in the CAN.gmtech825 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2026 11:57 am Thanks, and it is impressively fast!. FUll clone including boot and EEPROM in under 3 minutes. full reads were around 2 minutes I think. Very nice work. I did modify the kernel to read the shadow password region as well.
e92 emulator and tuning assistant
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
enslaved87 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2026 5:06 pm Update:
new git release has both EARLY and LATE cal and write entire fully debugged, fleshed out and proven on real donor ECU's.
Working on adding some bells and whistles next. Namely, a full ecu CLONE, VIN change, NVPWD change and a couple other small options.
https://github.com/enslaved87/sCANtool-public
Hi enslaved87,
Can you specify or include the needed prerequisites to run the program.
I am having some error on startup[can`t load some python dll on starting the program, even though the dll is in needed path]
-
enslaved87
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2026 8:37 pm
- cars: 2019 camaro
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
Would have to see the error to help. Read requirements.txt. If you want to run the .py version, you will need to install those dependancies. That said, I have a compiled bin in the release section. Should be able to launch the executable without issue. If that still doesnt work, please let me know what the error(s) are.kur4o wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:18 amenslaved87 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2026 5:06 pm Update:
new git release has both EARLY and LATE cal and write entire fully debugged, fleshed out and proven on real donor ECU's.
Working on adding some bells and whistles next. Namely, a full ecu CLONE, VIN change, NVPWD change and a couple other small options.
https://github.com/enslaved87/sCANtool-public
Hi enslaved87,
Can you specify or include the needed prerequisites to run the program.
I am having some error on startup[can`t load some python dll on starting the program, even though the dll is in needed path]
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
I got the release zip archive, extract and run included exe. Test machine is win7 ultimate sp1, not sure if it have any python stuff installed or what is needed.
Upon opening the exe this pops up.
Upon opening the exe this pops up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
enslaved87
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2026 8:37 pm
- cars: 2019 camaro
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
Ah ok, I haven't vetted it on win7 yet. Although, can't say for certain why it wouldnt work - yet. The necessary dependencies are packaged within the .exe and sub folder (make sure everything in the zip ends up in the same place).kur4o wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:37 pm I got the release zip archive, extract and run included exe. Test machine is win7 ultimate sp1, not sure if it have any python stuff installed or what is needed.
Upon opening the exe this pops up.
That said, I'd try to pip the requirements in powershell/cmd and try the .py path if the exe doesnt work. When i get time I will load a VM of win7 and see whats going on.
-
gixxer92
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:08 pm
- cars: 1986 Camaro IROC (LS7/Tremec Magnum 6-speed)
1988 Firebird Trans Am
2017 Chevrolet Silverado, 6.6L L8T, 10 Speed
2017 Indian Road Master
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
I got this error in Chome today when I went to download your software, sir.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
enslaved87
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2026 8:37 pm
- cars: 2019 camaro
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
.
Last edited by enslaved87 on Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
enslaved87
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2026 8:37 pm
- cars: 2019 camaro
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
odd, first time I've seen that error. Nothing mischievous packaged. If you can drill down further and see what it's calling "the virus", do tell.gixxer92 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:06 pm I got this error in Chome today when I went to download your software, sir.
If you are concerned, you are welcome to compile from the source.
-
gixxer92
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:08 pm
- cars: 1986 Camaro IROC (LS7/Tremec Magnum 6-speed)
1988 Firebird Trans Am
2017 Chevrolet Silverado, 6.6L L8T, 10 Speed
2017 Indian Road Master
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
I pulled it down anyway. I'm not scared...
lol
-
enslaved87
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2026 8:37 pm
- cars: 2019 camaro
Re: e92 emulator and tuning assistant
lol at'a boy. Let me know how it works out for you. Still a long way to go to get this (and other) program(s) to where I actually want them.