G’day guys’n’girls,
I’m very much a novice when it comes to tuner pro RT and tuning using it. I wanted to ask about the injector bias vs battery voltage tables. I have searched through and read the ones I could find on here. I downloaded some PDF’s from Holley that someone had provided with settings for Siemens Deka 60lb injectors.
I wanted to ask if you input those figures as a base line and then tune it via the target AFR? As I said lol I’m completely green on this subject. I’m mainly chasing an over fuel issue when cold at idle. The rest of the rev range seems good but there are some quirks.
Also looking at the 3D graphs for certain tables, should you aim to have them smooth in appearance? I notice some irregular peaks and valleys on my tune which might account for some irregular running like pig-rooting when cruising through a 40km/hr zone. Not all the time but under certain conditions it plays up.
Are there spec sheets and known values for MAP sensor readings? I ask as mine seems to hover around 43 when idling, I think from memory the table is set to 35 and when I bring the engine up to 2,000rpm, the vacuum drops to about 20-21inhg on the boost gauge from the 18inhg it normally idles at. I think the MAP reading on tuner pro is reading around 25 at this point. So this might explain some of the peaks and troughs I’m seeing on the 3D graphs.
Thanks for your help.
$12P Custom Tunes
-
LoneOranger
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2026 4:26 am
- cars: VR utility
RC Colorado
FJ45 utility
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: $12P Custom Tunes
The trouble with injector bias by battery is that it's as much a property of the PCM/ECM hardware and firmware as the injectors. So you usually can't take a set of numbers from a different ECM/PCM and find them accurate. Having said that there are values that have been tested and confirmed working well for 12P here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5548
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396