Hi,
I have already given my ve tables a tweak and have the car running fairly good.
Today I went for a drive to town and back and all went well. I noticed that my TCC was not engaging so i pluged the laptop in and checked my reference pulses per km scaler and it was out. I changed it to 1250 (thats where it needs to be as I checked it on the jacks in top gear)
Then I had the car idling and pressed the wideband learn set flag and as soon as i hit update/upload.. the car started going lean on the wideband.
It was idling at around 14.7 and after pressing ve learn it went to around 17-1.
Why would it do that?
Could it be that my ve cells for idle are slightly off and there is some other learn setting/function that was offsetting my ve table somehow to get it right then when i hit the wideband learn... did it undo the offset that was making the ve correct.
With the wideband learn off, does the car still learn stuff? and if so, does it change the ve table directly or does it have another table somewhere and just ads/subtracts a learned amount for the cells that are out.
I'm trying to figure out why the wideband went lean when i put wideband ve learn on. and does the wideband ve learn feature alter the ve table directly or somewhere else?
Thanks guys
Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
Id say your BLMs are miles out, when they reset to 128 it went lean. Did you get a log?
Does the wideband read correctly in TP? ie does it agree with the wideband sofware or display?? Wideband VE learn will not work at idle. With wideband VE learn off the BLM (long term trim) and INT (short term trim) are used to trim the fuel.
Does the wideband read correctly in TP? ie does it agree with the wideband sofware or display?? Wideband VE learn will not work at idle. With wideband VE learn off the BLM (long term trim) and INT (short term trim) are used to trim the fuel.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
I didn't take a log while it happened.
I don't understand the blm and int. or what you mean with the 128.
How could I find out what blm or int or 128 I have?
Thanks
I don't understand the blm and int. or what you mean with the 128.
How could I find out what blm or int or 128 I have?
Thanks
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
Looking at previous posts of yours your ADX has 100 as the midpoint for BLM - block learn multiplier or long term fuel trim.
Post a log or look at the histograms (which you also said your using) and see what the BLM is doing, my guess is it was high (like 110+).
Post a log or look at the histograms (which you also said your using) and see what the BLM is doing, my guess is it was high (like 110+).
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
Ok, I'll go out and do a quick log now and we will see.
Cheers.
Cheers.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
Ok went for a quick spin, idled for a bit to warm it then a casual few minute cruise at 80 or so then a quick fang then cruise home.
I didn't see my tcc light come on so something is not right, not locking in.
If you see anything out could you let me know, and the spark thanks.
I didn't see my tcc light come on so something is not right, not locking in.
If you see anything out could you let me know, and the spark thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
iac is fully open spark advance is jumping round to keep idle at target o2 sensor pegged at full for ages until it goes closed loop and sort of tries to swing takes ages to actually go closed loop knock counts at idle and at one stage at cruise speed to spark advance just goes completly nuts for some reason
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
I might need to open the butterfly a little,?
I thing I have the closed loop to come on at 82 degrees
I dont know why the spark jumps around at idle? even when i had the iac set right the other day and working at around 20steps. the idle speed
variation is around 20rpm.
there is some funny jumps in the spark table as can be seen on the spark histogram, not sure if it needs some work.
also I think i need to do another update to the ve table. the wideband and tunerpro read within .3AFR of each other jumps around a bit.
now I can't seem to get the TCC to lock in, which scaler sets what speed it locks up at?
Is it the road speed coast level scaler or the road speed upper limit for lock?
I didn't feel the tcc come on on the log drive... used to come on around 80-90km/hr but i wouldn't mind if it could come on at around 70km/hr.
I thing I have the closed loop to come on at 82 degrees
I dont know why the spark jumps around at idle? even when i had the iac set right the other day and working at around 20steps. the idle speed
variation is around 20rpm.
there is some funny jumps in the spark table as can be seen on the spark histogram, not sure if it needs some work.
also I think i need to do another update to the ve table. the wideband and tunerpro read within .3AFR of each other jumps around a bit.
now I can't seem to get the TCC to lock in, which scaler sets what speed it locks up at?
Is it the road speed coast level scaler or the road speed upper limit for lock?
I didn't feel the tcc come on on the log drive... used to come on around 80-90km/hr but i wouldn't mind if it could come on at around 70km/hr.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
Also I haven't welded the extra bung in for the narrowband 02.
It's just using the simulated one.
I might sort that out tomorrow if it's not raining and see if it does any good.
It's just using the simulated one.
I might sort that out tomorrow if it's not raining and see if it does any good.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Wideband VE learn vs normal learn
I don't know why I have knock counts either.. there isn't even a knock sensor in it. in the car or the memcal.
when I hold the throttle flat the map only hits 90kpa, spose because I'm 800metres above sea level... is that normal or should i turn on the barometer thing.
when I hold the throttle flat the map only hits 90kpa, spose because I'm 800metres above sea level... is that normal or should i turn on the barometer thing.