Un stacking bin's
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Un stacking bin's
I replaced the EPROM in my VN computer with a 28c256 EEPROM and I stacked the bins to fit giving a 32k file. Trouble is I had a computer failure and lost all my 16k bins, still have the 32's but the XDF won't accept the 32k file. How do I unstack my 32k files back to 16K.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Un stacking bin's
Can use the split function in TP, same tool as you used for stacking just select split in the corner.
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Re: Un stacking bin's
Hi, thanks for that. I took my 32k file and split it as you suggested and got a file which I called test1.bin, 16k in size. When I try to load it in Tunerpro it just says, no bin selected. Other 16k files load OK.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Un stacking bin's
post your 16 or 32k files up here. Cant really tell whats wrong from your description.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Re: Un stacking bin's
Hi
My current bin is 'marobi10_32.bin', a 32k file, which I split into 'split1.bin', 16k. I thought perhaps I had the wrong XDF, but an earlier developement version that I still had in 16k, loads OK.
This all comes from my earlier computer falure. I'm using $5d.xdf at the moment, which looks nothing like the XDF I was using before. My previous XDF had much less options to change.
VN Commodore, Ecotec motor, BAAM computer.
Files included (I hope)
My current bin is 'marobi10_32.bin', a 32k file, which I split into 'split1.bin', 16k. I thought perhaps I had the wrong XDF, but an earlier developement version that I still had in 16k, loads OK.
This all comes from my earlier computer falure. I'm using $5d.xdf at the moment, which looks nothing like the XDF I was using before. My previous XDF had much less options to change.
VN Commodore, Ecotec motor, BAAM computer.
Files included (I hope)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Un stacking bin's
Both bins are just all zeros 
-
kelvin
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
- cars: Commodore
Re: Un stacking bin's
Well thanks for that. I went and looked at all my older 32k versions and some of them where infact all zeros, and I was playing with the most recent version which as I now know was empty. Don't know how that happened. Anyway, I can start again from a version not too far back, which is better than nothing.
I hope it's not something I stuffed up in splitting the file that cleared it.
Thanks for your help (again)
I hope it's not something I stuffed up in splitting the file that cleared it.
Thanks for your help (again)