202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by v6bucket »

I fitted another TPS, this one has some effect but still triggers "low TPS voltage" error. I'll see if I can get another, can't get a new one for a few days.
Here's a log with the replacement TPS. What voltage should be showing for the TPS volts?
Start up 7.xdl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by delcowizzid »

tps should be 0.45 v throttle closed or it can spit errors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by Jayme »

your tps volts are fine in that log, the error code might just be in memory from last time. try removing power from ecu for a bit to clear the code.
did it fix your lean spike issue?
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks delcowizzid & Jayme.
Jayme, If you look at the log at 2.47, 4.10 there is still a slight hesitation, but I may be able to tune it out. I'll disconnect the battery in the morning.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by v6bucket »

The TPS fixed the hesitation problem. I've now driven the car on the road & done some tuning. After some initial problems with "pinging" from 2400rpms, which I also had when the engine was fitted with a carburetor. I've now got a tune that is acceptable to drive.
The following tune is how the car was driven with the following log.
V111$12P-V1.2.12-202.bin
Road Test 4.xdl
I have altered the above tune(which is still pretty crude), but haven't tested it as yet, my wife called me in for a baked dinner, but I solved the "pinging" problem.
If you look at the beginning of the above log, the engine takes along time to start(maybe fuel related), & when cold it's even longer, I'm not sure why, but with a carb fitted started very easy.
Can some one check this out & see what I may be able to do to fix it up.
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by Holden202T »

try increasing the crank fuel pulse width tables, increase them by maybe 5% and see if it makes a difference.
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks Holden202, "Map A:crank-first stage crank base pulse width vs Coolant temp" &"Map A:crank-second stage crank base pulse width vs Coolant temp" are these the correct tables? If so, I can adjust them by 5%, then save, when the table is opened again only -28° up to 32° has changed & 44° to 116° revert to the original figure. What am I doing wrong?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by Holden202T »

well it looks like 124.51 is the maximum for the table, but when i multiply the table by 5% it seems to update properly for me.

maybe a corrupt file if yours isn't ?

and yes they are two the tables you need to change assuming you are running on the map a tune.
v6bucket
Posts: 768
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks mate. I had a play around with the tables, & found that I can multiply the table by 11% & over but not less than that. The number in the table reverts back to the original. I haven't tried the tune in the car yet, I had to finish porting a set of heads for my mates blown V6 Dato & ordered a set of 60lb injectors for it.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 202 UC Torana/Delco Conversion

Post by Holden202T »

thats a bit strange, what numbers are in your table ?