Lately I have been curious to know if it was indeed possible to run 2 rom chips in the ecu and toggle between both on-the-fly. So today I put some time aside to give it a go. I havent tested it in the ECU yet, but works fine when toggling both chips on my programmer [Will do an ecu test sometime tomorrow]. I'll also upload the complete circuit diagram soon.
Things you will need
Some proto board
Soldering iron
Solder
2x 32 pin PDIP sockets
1x 32 or 36 pin socket to interface with ECU
1x Toggle switch
2x 1N4148 diode
2x 10Kohm resistors
2x flash chips [I used AMD's AM29F010's]
30 awg cable or similar [the kynar wire used to mod consoles works best for this imo]
Step 1: Place your PDIP sockets on your proto board & solder them in place.

Step 2: Get your 32 or 36 pin socket and pend the pins 90 degrees like this:

The final result should look something like this:

Step 3: Solder The socket onto the bottom of one of the PDIP sockets. Make sure you do not solder Pin22 to the socket. We need to run two seperate wires for this pin as it is our CE pin [used for rom selection]. Make sure each pin is connected & no shorts exist. Use a multimeter to ensure your connections are good.

Step 4: Connect the 2nd PDIP socket in parallel with the first socket[ I.e. pin1 from socket 1 -> pin1 socket 2 ]. Do this for every pin except for pin 22.

Step 5: Wire up the CE pins to your switch. If you decided to use a pin header, solder them to this instead. Also wire up the diodes and resistors.

Step 6: If all worked well, you should be able to stick your new dual rom board into your programmer and be able to flash two different .bins into each one.
Some pics:





