going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector volt

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by Holden202T »

your missing the point here, your trying to "fuck with stuff" to bandaid the issue ... there is some issue causing this and screwing with all sorts of tables in the tune is not the right way to fix it .... you need to rule out a few things first ....

ok after reading all this i have a few comments to make:

1. above mentions testing voltage at battery etc .... my suggestion is see what the voltage is at the charge wire on the alternator first, once you know what the alternator is putting out then go through the rest of the connections and see if you can find drops, for example my gemini has a vr v6 alternator, at idle its putting out about 14 - 14.4v but with the battery in the boot im loosing nearly .5 v to the back of the car, so you really need to know what the alternator is putting out so you can see where and how much its dropping.

2. before you go and buy yourself a you beautis fuel pressure gauge there is a simple test you can do, run the car, let it heat soak or whatever so you get the 18:1 afr then unplug the fuel pressure regulator vaccuum hose from the manifold and this should give you somewhere around 10-15 psi increase in pressure, if that makes the wideband straight away go from lean to rich you have found your issue, weather its a regulator or fuel pump not handing it will be up to you to work out from there :thumbup:
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by V8hilux »

is that testing voltage without the battery wire or with it on... the most volts i see when i multimeter the battery is 13.4 after first startup cold then 14.1 hot
Last edited by V8hilux on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by V8hilux »

what exactly should i be testing? I guess:
the battery, the ecu power wire, the coil, the fuelpump, what other wires should i check at different temps?
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by V8hilux »

I've got 14.1 at the battery and the wires on battery. 13.6 at coil, 13.4 at pink wire in harness near ecu,

I pulled the vac hose on regulator and went from 13.7 to 13.0 afr so seems to do something, I pulled it off regulator and kinked it off so to stay in the same ve cell.

I will let her cool down again and get all volt readings from everything i can find and then again when it goes lean.
and I'll redo the vac hose at regulator hot and cold too.
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by V8hilux »

I have the single fire setup, the dash displays single fire at idle then when i give her a good rev it goes double fire so all good there.

I just need to wait now till she cools and fix the ve table back to before.... ohh yeah, i think i saved the tune the other day so i'll just reload that.
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by V8hilux »

bugger it, I've fucked about with so many things in the tune that maybe I can't remember what i've done. I'll save what i've got now and
for my own amusement, I might download a brand new ose12p and upload it... change the kinjflow, speed pulses, divide the first and second stage cranking tables by 3, disable closed loop,tell it i've got a 2bar map,disable ve learn get it running and idling and start fresh and see if it leans out when hot at that.

HERE I GO AND BURN SOME MORE JUICE.... $30 of BP98 disappears pretty quick in this old girl.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by Holden202T »

there is a big red wire that goes from the battery to back of the alternator, and its the one that charges the battery you need to put the multi meter on it, not the battery!
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by V8hilux »

Cheers mate, I'll check that one... but I'll pull it off the batt first.

Ok, so I re loaded a brand new ose12p bin into the ecu and started over, except for the few changes needed to suit the map sensor,injectors, etc I went with a stock tune all over and you wouldn't believe it!!!!

She starts before i even finish turning the key, seems to rev up faster, starts straight up when hot, afr's don't change when i put all my accessories on. seems good all over....

I'll wait till it gets cold now and see what she does.

when i was looking at the new tune, looks like theres heaps of different numbers in all the tables, like the "initial run vs temp" and a heap of others... I just had the number 1 in most of em.

I'm not doing the victory dance just yet but looks good hot. (all i done with the ve table was just changed the whole thing by % untill it got close to the desired afr. if it still looks good cold i'll fine tune it and just leave all the other stuff alone. any yeah, I can hear what you guys are saying.... :oops:
User avatar
V8hilux
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
Location: Inverell Northern NSW

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by V8hilux »

I had changed most of the tables ages ago when I had a plug fail and it was running like shit but I didn't pick the plug and just kept fiddling with the tune and more than likely fudged the whole thing... then with a new plug, i had to stuff about with everything again and forgot what i'd done and yeah... ahh well, I'm sure I'm learning something as i go... slowly... lol.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: going over 100ve. reduce kinjflow or increase injector v

Post by VL400 »

Good to hear it is running better, if nothing else its been some learning along the way.

But now just remember the golden rule, change one thing at a time!