I have a 96 vs calais running a L67 Superchared V6 with some work done cam, boost, exhaust etc etc
The car currently runs the stock computer with a custom tune reflashable chip from chiptorque.
Now the issue i have is no one in centeral queensland can tune chiptorque chip's, but driving 1000k's to the gold coast to get it tuned is too far.
So my question is can I re-tune the car and how do i go about it??
L67 Tuning
-
96calais
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm
- cars: 96 Holden Calais Supercharged V6
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: L67 Tuning
Can you post a picture of the memcal with the blue cover off,so we can see what type of chip they have used.
What problems are you having with the current tune.
What problems are you having with the current tune.
-
96calais
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm
- cars: 96 Holden Calais Supercharged V6
Re: L67 Tuning
Hey here are some pic's
I have recently purchased the car and the current tune was done before cam and engine rebuild done by previous owner
engine seems to be overfueling at idle and off idle settings and leaning out under boost
VL400 Edit: Resized your pics
I have recently purchased the car and the current tune was done before cam and engine rebuild done by previous owner
engine seems to be overfueling at idle and off idle settings and leaning out under boost
VL400 Edit: Resized your pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: L67 Tuning
Knowing Chip Torque A little bit, guessing it will be Kalmaker tune, so not easy or cheap to do!
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Cheers VX L67 Getrag
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: L67 Tuning
you could try read it with the flash tool and see what bin its based on then go from there.
-
96calais
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm
- cars: 96 Holden Calais Supercharged V6
Re: L67 Tuning
Ok sounds good, but I don't have anything to be able to read it so what will I need to do so,
Apart from that I pulled the spark plugs out and have found the left bank is running rich and the right running fine??
Could it just be a bad O2 sensor or bad knock sensor??
Apart from that I pulled the spark plugs out and have found the left bank is running rich and the right running fine??
Could it just be a bad O2 sensor or bad knock sensor??