Thanks, I'll give it a shot in awhile, though I am pretty sure I tried that combo.
What does RDSC stand for? Did a quick search but it didn't reveal anything.
Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
From the FAQ
Q. What is "Tip in bump spark"?
A. Tip in bump spark is for low speed drivability in a manual, between tip in bump spark and RDSC (RPM derivative spark control) it adjusts the spark to smooth throttle transitions so you you can cruise the carpark in comfort.
Q. What is "Tip in bump spark"?
A. Tip in bump spark is for low speed drivability in a manual, between tip in bump spark and RDSC (RPM derivative spark control) it adjusts the spark to smooth throttle transitions so you you can cruise the carpark in comfort.
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
Argh, thanks, I looked through the EFI acronyms/abbreviations (got them bookmarked) didn't find it so I went to google...
I remember reading that now you mention it!
Cheers
I remember reading that now you mention it!
Cheers
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
Still no joy. Screen shot taken while driving around 40-45km/h ish. 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
doesn't A6F Bin use C xdf? Prob the same flags though
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
Good spot, I must have loaded the wrong XDF when I was playing around before I had the hardware setup. I'll try it again with the correct XDF just incase it makes a difference, though the flags are the same.
Troy
Troy
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
that xdf doesn't seem right, VS V8 Series 3 all ran getrags? So the hi res flag should be on for both manual and auto tunes, it isn't, so looking at 3807 and 3808 the only bits that stay on with auto/man is 3807 bit 4 and 7 and 3808 bit 2 so turning one of those off should change vss. I think Hi Res should have been 3807 bit 7 not 3808
Anyway give the test 1,2,3 a go in the xdf ive attached, i think test 2 will do it.
Anyway give the test 1,2,3 a go in the xdf ive attached, i think test 2 will do it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
That did the trick.
I had:
Man Trans 1 = Set
Man Trans 2 = Set
HiRes VSS = Set
Test 1,2 and 3 = Set (VSS Worked)
Test 2 and 3 = Set (VSS Worked)
Test 3 = Set (VSS Worked)
Test 1,2 and 3 = NOT set (VSS Worked)
Not sure if that will help you narrow it down, but at least it's working now. Let me know if there are any specific combinations you want me to try.
Troy
I had:
Man Trans 1 = Set
Man Trans 2 = Set
HiRes VSS = Set
Test 1,2 and 3 = Set (VSS Worked)
Test 2 and 3 = Set (VSS Worked)
Test 3 = Set (VSS Worked)
Test 1,2 and 3 = NOT set (VSS Worked)
Not sure if that will help you narrow it down, but at least it's working now. Let me know if there are any specific combinations you want me to try.
Troy
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
from a stock manual bin file all those 6 flags are set. From what your saying that works, yet from your previous posts it didn't.
To me a stock bin file shouldn't work as your using a T5 sensor not a getrag/auto sensor, so you only should need to UNSET one of those flags to switch VSS modes.
So not sure what's going on there with your testing.
To me a stock bin file shouldn't work as your using a T5 sensor not a getrag/auto sensor, so you only should need to UNSET one of those flags to switch VSS modes.
So not sure what's going on there with your testing.
-
Helical
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
- cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck) - Location: SOR, WA
Re: Difference between Getrag VSS and T5 VSS?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, it didn't make any sense why is started working when I tried again with your updated XDF but the HiRess VSS flagged 