I'm building a stroked 5ltr turboed engine for my VR and was wondering which way would be the best way to go with a tune for it? I basicly have 2 options that I can go with...
1. Stick with $11 code and run the electronic auto or
2. Run the $12P code and go back to the hydrolic auto
either way I will be beefing up the auto to handle the extra power
Just wondering what the advantages and disadvantaged with each way?
$11 or $12P code??
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: $11 or $12P code??
$11 wont run your turbo (you'll need the right version of kalmaker, and an old dos laptop). $12P is much more capable and if your are fine with the hydrolic auto, then its the simplest and best option.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: $11 or $12P code??
yeah well I think that solves it
not an option really lol
That was the way I was leaning anyway as I run all my other turboed engines with the $12P code. Havent had much to do with the electronic autos so am much comfortable with the hydrolic auto
That was the way I was leaning anyway as I run all my other turboed engines with the $12P code. Havent had much to do with the electronic autos so am much comfortable with the hydrolic auto
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: $11 or $12P code??
sorry to be picky but I think you mean hydraulic not hydrolic?
-
briney
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:40 am
- cars: a couple of escorts and some dodge trucks.
- Location: western nsw.
Re: $11 or $12P code??
is it as simple as changing the valve body and adding a kick down cable ? or are they massively different ?
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: $11 or $12P code??
yeah wasn't much of a speller at school eitherVX L67 Getrag wrote:sorry to be picky but I think you mean hydraulic not hydrolic?
not sure how different they are might have to check it out when I next rebuild one but I don't think it will be as easy as just changing the valve bodies over
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: $11 or $12P code??
The grammar police will be scrutinising your posts very carefully from now onVX L67 Getrag wrote:sorry to be picky but I think you mean hydraulic not hydrolic?
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: $11 or $12P code??
Pretty much the only thing that is interchangeable with the two boxes is the planetry sets,drums,servo,steels,frictions and some of the seals.