Injector Rate and BLMs

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by brindo »

Hi,
With the VT V8 injector rate constant, how do I reference the BLM Cell Number to the mg/cyl and rpm? Is Cell 0 simply 50 mg/cyl and Cell 1 100 mg/cyl etc?Also, is the LTFT expressed as a percentage?

Thanks in advance.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by VL400 »

You can also use the histograms in TP while logging, have it populate a table of BLMs vs RPM and mg/cyl.

The BLMs are expressed as a signed integer. So 128 (decimal) is 0 or perfect, less than 128 is running rich (and removing fuel) and above 128 is running lean (and adding fuel). It depends on how your ADX is setup to what gets displayed, to make it a correction percenetage use the calc... (X/1.28)-100
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by brindo »

Hi,
I was just using the VT A6 ADX.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the Data Tracing only highlights the first row of any table that I view. I did try another ADX that I found for the VT V8, but it made no real difference.

So I was just hoping to use the data from the RH LTFT Histogram and try the calculate the changes to the table. The Histogram that I use was already in Tunerpro and displays either a positive or negative value - so this would this be a value offsett from 128?
I did try to make some Histograms again but somehow managed to fail miserably as only the first colum seems to get populated with data. Appologies as I am about 100 years behind everyone else here.


Thanks
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by VL400 »

Not sure which XDF your using, there are a fe VT V6 ones depending on the bin. But you may need to setup the table with what data you want to use for tracing. Here is a quick run down on it.. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 39&p=16781

If you get stuck post up a data log and let me know which XDF your using. The ADX to use is this one .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =700#p8371
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by brindo »

Hi,
I'll give that ADX a go.
This is the XDF I use.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by VL400 »

That ADX wont work on VS III sorry, will need to mod it due to no heartbeat data frame. If you edit the ADX, there is a connection macro. Just remove the Listen for heartbeat item (Have done this in the attached)

The XDF will need the rows and columns data type and stock units setup to get data tracing working. Have done the Injector constant in the attachement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brindo
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
Location: Western Queensland

Re: Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by brindo »

I have managed to work out where I was going wrong with the Histogram, and now have the LTFT below 5.

On the Histogram for the ignition timing though, it logs a much lower value as to what is entered into the ignition table. I don't think I have any real knock indicated as all the knock values are below 1 deg. and I don't think the coolant or air temp were adding in extra retard either. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Injector Rate and BLMs

Post by VL400 »

There are a heap of spark modifiers, could be any one of them. To start with have a look at the PE and spark calc spreadsheet yoda69 made here for A5 that shows ones that change spark compared to the main table during PE ... https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=270..