Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by VNracer34G »

Cool. Finally prevention of cruelty against T5's :D

What diff is in it now mate?
Hows the Starlet coming on?
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hahaha yeah mate shes killed its last T5 owners loving the auto.
what a weekend we had this time.get to track and its looking like rain and slippery as all hell and there was over 70 cars lined up for street class "C8" so we decided to harrass the jappas in 2 wheel drive turbo "C22" heads up racing no handicap :thumbup: first practice the VB went 11.8@115 guess the new drag tyres are grippy LOL.ran 2-3 passes all 11.8 and lower mph than normal so i guess the T350 and convertor does waste a little power.that was the first day racing over and we went and got drunk and watched the burnouts.
first run today nice and hot and sunny to qualify 11.7@114mph our normal old time just lower mph least we arnt slower go the auto we are TOP QUALIFYIER.ran all day doing 11.7-11.8 then we though fuck it turn the boost up to compensate :D next run 17psi untuned on 14psi fueling and spark :think: 11.5 woot owner reckons it gained 40hp it was a big jump.time to pack up and go home as class winner :punk:

our mates V8 mini that ive been messing with tuning the chassis and spark curve ran a new PB that we knew was in it but have been waiting for an event at sealevel to run it. now in the 9second club after running 9.91 first pass in the 9's and a very happy owner should be the fastest mini in the southern hemisphere ide say LOL and is newzealands shortest wheelbase drag car.

also another mates DX corolla wagon with worked N/A V6 that ive tuned also got its personal best 13.3@103mph after a few tune tweaks 1 tune gained us 0.4 seconds

all in all a great weekend
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sounds like you all had a good weekend of racing!!

few good times there too!

did you happen to have a logging device on he VB with the increased boost run ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

l o g g ing hahaha na we just turned the boost controller up 1/4 turn and hoped it handled it LOL obviously my tune must be on the very safe side
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

1979project
cars: vb commodore turbo 202 soon to be turbo v6, vx s l67

Post by 1979project »

Thats awsome delco iv been racing my vb turbo v6 to ran a 12.9 but the t700 wont change into 3rd at wot so thinking this t350 would be great. Is there much done to the auto internally and do you run a transbrake? Well done on the 11.5 -josh
The1

Post by The1 »

good to see the auto running well, hopefully holds up better
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

1979project wrote:Thats awsome delco iv been racing my vb turbo v6 to ran a 12.9 but the t700 wont change into 3rd at wot so thinking this t350 would be great. Is there much done to the auto internally and do you run a transbrake? Well done on the 11.5 -josh
yeah ive had that issue with the T700 when you get too much torque going through them the high rev springs to go in the clutchpack may help.t350 works mint though no transbrake which is a shame cause we cant even make boost on the line on the brakes
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i was under the impression that the governor in the V6 T700 allows too much oil pressure to bleed off and hense no change unless you back off a bit, bloke at work reckons hes modded the governor in his v6 powered pajero and its fixed the issue, cause it runs out of 2nd just over 100kms with the gearing it has!
1979project
cars: vb commodore turbo 202 soon to be turbo v6, vx s l67

Post by 1979project »

Delco do you use the handbrake when stalling it up I can get mine up to about 4psi on the spot not much use on street tyres as it just turns into a power skid:-)

Holden202 yea I have heard of people modding the govener transgo make a kit with different weights. As I already have done the transgo shift kit im going to pull it apart and change it a little so its full manual which does put an extra spring behind the govener so will c how it goes:-)