VS VSS in a Hilux 4x4.
Got a few questions to mull over.
To get a decent VSS signal I have dreamt up the following.
1. Use the speedo reed switch. Bit worried about this as to me there are a few reliablity issues.
2. Using an ABS sensor of a Saab 9000 and use the tailshaft bolts as a reluctor. there are 4 of them.
I can bracket it some where safe and sort the PPK out in the tune.
I have heaps of them.
To sort the PPK out, would i need to pulse it 4 times a tailshaft rev then,
calculate by
Pulse/k = (1000/Tryw Circ in m) * Diff Gear * PPR
31" tyres (2.5m rollout)and 4.3 Ratio. =6880. ?
I then enter that value into the bin.
I hope that I got that right. ???
Sorting out VSS
-
Spin
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm
- cars: 88 Hilux + VS V6 Auto Conversion
97 Saab 9000 Turbo 15psi :) :) :)
Bog standard Saab 9000 non Turbo. (Shopping Trolley about to be "Fixed" ) - Location: Tathra NSW
Sorting out VSS
Last edited by Spin on Thu May 24, 2012 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Sorting out VSS
easier to just hook it up and see what speed the ecu reads. then multiply the ppk by whatever factor the ecu speed is wrong by.
-
Spin
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm
- cars: 88 Hilux + VS V6 Auto Conversion
97 Saab 9000 Turbo 15psi :) :) :)
Bog standard Saab 9000 non Turbo. (Shopping Trolley about to be "Fixed" ) - Location: Tathra NSW
Re: Sorting out VSS
THX Jayme,
I only have a manual cable driven spedo
not set up for real time yet.
Fast reply mate thx.
also being a 4x4 with low range the transmission output stays the same as if it is doing 100kph when it is only doing 50.
I need a fuel tanker behind me. PMSL
I only have a manual cable driven spedo
not set up for real time yet.
Fast reply mate thx.
also being a 4x4 with low range the transmission output stays the same as if it is doing 100kph when it is only doing 50.
I need a fuel tanker behind me. PMSL