VY 6 cyl Eprom tuning info needed

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

VY 6 cyl Eprom tuning info needed

Post by Charlescrown »

Only new to this hobby and having lots of fun.
I am about to change some maps in a VY V6 eprom and need to know if I need to disable the checksum and if so how.
I did it succesfully with a VR with the help from other users and wonder if the same changes are needed?
Thanks Dave
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VY 6 cyl Eprom tuning info needed

Post by Holden202T »

you need to bypass it yes, AA as per the VR should fix the isuses.