Holden202 wrote:it doesn't look like VSS settings are defined in the XDF....
my suggestion would be to get a gps or something and cruise along at a certain speed and adjust the vss in the tune till it matches the gps readings
That's what I thought, and it seems weird so thought I wasn't seeing it. The XDF does have other settings that relate to Vehicle Speed though?
The GPS is a good idea, I've seen that elsewhere. I will do that, but I don't know how to change data on the NVRAM with TP or Flashtool yet. Is there a thread on that somewhere that I haven't found yet?
Jayme wrote:the sensor in the VR is a 10 pulse per rev. from what ive read elsewhere the camaros usually use 4000 pulses per mile. so it would be about 2500 pulses per kilometer. try that and if the speed is still wrong do as holden202 suggested and fine tune the pulses per kilometer until the speed int he datalog matches reality. remembreing everyhting in the tune is set up for kph not mph
Yeah, I think the later (90-92) Camaros are 4000 PPMile, but mid 80's to 89 are 2000 PPM. PPM or PPKm depends on diff ratio & wheel circumference. i don't know BCLF VR wheel size, thinks diff is a 3.08:1?
Get this... when I removed the (narrow) O2 sensor I saw the seal was oval shaped, had a little leak.
Installed the wideband, and no other changes, the performance improvement was significant!!
Not sure if it's due to wideband alone, or leak fixed... but one things certain - the O2 sensor plays an important role and shouldn't be under estimated or overlooked.