Been playing with a VT V8 auto.
Started with CJDN_MOD, burnt it to my NVRAM and installed it into the PCM. Off the bat, I coundn't connect to the ecu in the car.
After a bit of reading, I disabled the aldl wire on the BCM. I was then able to connect. However, I couldn't consistantly upload a bin. Sometimes it would work, and other times it wouldn't. I gave up trying to upload a complete bin, and just edited with the emulator enabled. Had some success.
Got the car to run better with the larger injectors and cam that was installed.
I then tried to burn a memcal to suit ( I am sick of my NVRAM boards dissappearing...), but have encountered difficulties.
I made up a bench programming harness with only power, ground and ALDL connected. I can connect to the PCM, but still can't upload a bin to the emulator.
Tried downloading the bin from the NVRAM using the flashtool, was able to connect and download, but when I burn the bin to the memcal, I was unable to connect and the car wouldn't run. After a bit more reading, it was mentioned that the program ID needed to be set to AA. Checked it in the bin via tunerpro, and it was set correctly.
I'm running out of options now. Any assistance that could be provided would be greatly appreciated!
I have attached the bin that I'm trying to burn to the memcal.
VT V8 realtime problems
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
VT V8 realtime problems
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VT V8 realtime problems
on the factory modded bins, I believe the last 2 bytes screw up on the download. I always either pull the nvram and read it in the burner and burn that OR do a diff against a good bin and copy the changes in manually.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VT V8 realtime problems
For the 128k bins you must remove the DS1245Y from the NVRAM board and read it in a programmer. The way the bank switching is done means you cannot get the entire binary over ALDL
To try and isolate the issue, can you read/write the cal successfully with the flashtool?
To try and isolate the issue, can you read/write the cal successfully with the flashtool?
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
Re: VT V8 realtime problems
Reading directly from the NVRAM in the programmer then burning to the memcal seems to have done the trick.
Thanks again for the help.
Thanks again for the help.