VN V8 memcal into VS V8 ECU

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Corey5L
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am
cars: VS Statesman V8 Manual

VN V8 memcal into VS V8 ECU

Post by Corey5L »

Hey guys.. I've currently got a VS statesman v8 that I've changed to manual, I'm still running the auto ecu and it runs fine.
I'm currently looking at a side mount blower setup and it comes with a VN v8 ecu and memcal tuned for the blower.
Will the memcal work in my ecu? Or do I need to either convert to the VN ecu and loom, or get my Current ecu tuned to suit?
Any help appreciated, cheers!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VN V8 memcal into VS V8 ECU

Post by Holden202T »

well i'd say the tune will be mostly spark and fuel changes, which you can probably transfer over into the VS tune if you wanted to, that would mean you wont loose any of the functionality in the car.

you could also convert to the vn ecu and loom if you wanted to, but then you will probably loose anti theft protection and stuff like that, plus having the re-wire some of the car to suit it.

is the tune that comes with the blower a 2 bar tune or what ?
Corey5L
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am
cars: VS Statesman V8 Manual

Re: VN V8 memcal into VS V8 ECU

Post by Corey5L »

Yeah it's a 2bar tune and comes with the 2bar map sensor to suit. Thanks for the reply mate