$12P BIN file

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
hyper24

$12P BIN file

Post by hyper24 »

Curious to if the $12P bin file is available to download?
Also how easy would it be to convert this to a VS bin file, is there a discussion/thread somewhere about what has been changed so maybe I could make the same changes to the $51. Im guessing the files would be fairly similiar.
Jayme

Re: $12P BIN file

Post by Jayme »

unless you can read/write assembly like a second language I reckon youd be better off converting the ecotec to a VR ECU and use VL400's $12P, its not that hard, delcowizzid has done it, and you get to use a map sensor to tune with which IMHO is a much easier tuning method.

sorry, I have not seen a $12p bin for download yet.
hyper24

Post by hyper24 »

So do I just write the VR bin file to my VS ecu and thats it for the conversion?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nah you have to repin the ecu plugs to suit a vr ecu and plug in the vr ecu to do it its not that hard and have to add the map sensor plug to the MAF wires etc.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
hyper24

Post by hyper24 »

I thought the VR and VS were the same 808 ecu?
Does that mean I have to install a MAP sensor into a VS? Do I have to tap my own hole for a sensor in the manifold then run new wires down to the ecu?
Any other sensors or will the ecu be plug and play after that and the pin swap?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nope 808 is vn-vp only it will fit in vr manual as a substitue with no wiring changes as well but vr auto and vs onwards is a totally different beast all together has 3 ecu plugs instead of 2 as well
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
hyper24

Post by hyper24 »

your last replied consufed me, so the VR and VS are different to the 808 which is the VN-VP ecu.
So what is the VR and VS ecu? also the VR is still different to the VS ecu again? I thought the VR and the VS had the electronic transmission hence they both had the 512k chip?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The VS V6 was major change time, it went from MAP on the VR to MAF, and from Multiport injection to Sequential (and all the hardware changes to make this possible). It also was the first with the 1mbit chip which is twice the size of the 16 bit HC11's address space, meaning banked programming, therefore much more complex for hacking.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ant pretty much covered it but ill reaffirm it with some punctuation may help LOL.vn vp and vr manual is pretty much the same ecu the only difference is the vr manual had an extra chip for high speed aldl apart from that the 808 can be used in its place if you turn off the security which needs the high speed aldl to run.vr auto 424 ecu is 2 plug like the older 808 and 082 vn and vr style but the ecu plugs are wired differently and its not direct plug in it controls the elctronic auto yes.then theres vs 16199728 and various other numbers they are all the same they run 3 plugs due to the sequential injection needing extra pins for each injector on a seperate channel as well as the electronic auto control so needed the extra plug to house the extra wires.you can pop the pins out the plugs and reorientate them to plug into other ecu's very easy but loose sequential injection
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Just to add further confusion, there are 3 main computers for the VS,
1: VSv6 auto and manual (Maf and sequentual injection)
2: VS v8 auto (same as VR v6 + v8 auto computer) and
3: VS v8 manual (same as VR V6 + V8 manual computer which is basically an '808 with high speed coms chip)
There is also a 4th if you include the V6 supercharged.

Dave.