I'm so happyVL400 wrote:And further to the1's post, try the FAQ for other common terms .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396redcamaro wrote:Is there a list of all the OSE $12P variables somewhere? There are some with names like MALF, RDSC and "delta" that I'm tending to avoid because I don't know what they do.
Google delta, its a common mathematics term. Malf = malfunction
VL400 wrote:You need a knock filter that suits your engine bore size and a knock sensor. Lots of info on knock sensors and filters on the forums and interwebs, the knock filter is the problem on modified engines that use a non-factory bore size.You have enabled knock count logging but its clear from the logs you dont have a knock filter installed - the knock counts are always ~200 counts. You will need to find a standard knock filter and sensor for a 305 chev - I dont know what setup they use (some US cars have an external knock filter box). Your going to have to research this.redcamaro wrote:Knock Count Logging is Enabled, but I think I read somewhere that the Knock Filtering shouldn't be used while tuning?
The engine is only 0.030 oversize, would that make a significant difference? I see you've done a lot of work towards an "adjustable knock filter", has that been achieved yet?
VL400 wrote:Tune it past 4800RPM then, your in control of the timing now and have spark control to 9600RPMThe BLCF bin is a base for a stock standard holden V8.
No, I meant the spark table can be tuned using the points in it to 9600RPM. However I would be leaving the high RPM and load areas until you have a handle on things and get the low load areas sorted.redcamaro wrote:Do you mean to leave the low RPM stuff for later, and that OSE $12P tables cover unto 9600 RPM?
While looking for something else on the Internet I happed to stumble onto this page http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/ecm_swap_730/, and followed this link off of it (near the BOLD type regarding ESC Knock Sensor) http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/ec ... /165KS.txt
Then I bridged pins B11 and A12 with a 4K ohm resistor and there is no more of that constant knock signal around the 200 mark. So there is no knock reatarding going on and the car runs much much better.
Did I say I'm very happy about that? I am
