Auto gearbox tuning - Upshift pressure MOD time limit
-
Stringyweevil
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 am
- cars: VY V6 Auto
Auto gearbox tuning - Upshift pressure MOD time limit
Im changing my shift pressures on my VY V6 for some quicker, firmer shifts and I came across these tables called Force Motor - Upshift pressure MOD time limit and I have no Idea what it is for. I changed the values slightly and didnt notice any difference in how it felt. Does anyone know what it is for? Thanks in advance!
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Auto gearbox tuning - Upshift pressure MOD time limit
It is the period of time since the start of a gear change that the force motor pressure control logic uses the upshift pressure modifier value until it reverts to using the Gear vs. TPS pressure offset.
-
Stringyweevil
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 am
- cars: VY V6 Auto
Re: Auto gearbox tuning - Upshift pressure MOD time limit
I don't fully understand the upshift pressure modifier either. Stock it's set at 3PSI. I have only used the table of TPS vs KMPH to change the PSI of the shifts. Say I have a shift pressure set at 90 on that table, does the shift pressure modifier set at 3PSI mean that it will shift at 93PSI?
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Auto gearbox tuning - Upshift pressure MOD time limit
Yes but no... Pressure is max limited
-
Jervies
- Posts: 199
- Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am
- cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor - Location: Victoria
Re: Auto gearbox tuning - Upshift pressure MOD time limit
Some of the xdf's have ghe max pressure defined so you can up the max pressure so it will shift at 90 + the modifiers