First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
-
redcamaro
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
I've been asking about "obscure settings" from the get go to gain a better understanding of how the ECU software operates (while tuning a car) in the hope of making contributions to it's further development.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
well your not even doing the BASICS properly hence why i keep pointing you to the guide, because you shouldn't need to touch any of the obsure functions in the tune for what you have.
the whole reason we put together this basic tuning guide was so people who arn't sure on the best practice for tuning a car can use this to get started and to save hundreds of questions on the forum all for the same questions.
half the stuff your messing with i have never ever needed to touch in a tune to get most cars running perfect, set injector rate, set desired idle, then use wideband to tune ve table and use a dyno to tune spark DONE! its that simple.
don't expect to get anymore help from me if your going to be like this sorry.
the whole reason we put together this basic tuning guide was so people who arn't sure on the best practice for tuning a car can use this to get started and to save hundreds of questions on the forum all for the same questions.
half the stuff your messing with i have never ever needed to touch in a tune to get most cars running perfect, set injector rate, set desired idle, then use wideband to tune ve table and use a dyno to tune spark DONE! its that simple.
don't expect to get anymore help from me if your going to be like this sorry.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
If you want more detail, read the kalmaker sp3 user guide available here but dont expect too much direct help from forum members. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... =110&p=908
Please try and keep the thread on topic guys. I dont want a flame war.
Please try and keep the thread on topic guys. I dont want a flame war.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
redcamaro
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
Just spent weeekend,.. reading Basic Tuner's Guide and tuning - trying to work out how to make idle AFR leaner without compromising the 'normal running' AFR... I'm not even going to ask... car is in the shed.
I think, as I have already said in a different topic - "that's a closed loop".
Thanks your all assist of for the variable titles match up perfectly to my orignfiginal topic.
I think, as I have already said in a different topic - "that's a closed loop".
Thanks your all assist of for the variable titles match up perfectly to my orignfiginal topic.
-
darcy
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 am
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
Set idle target AFR by the table EST - Idle Spark Advance as a function of MAP.redcamaro wrote: make idle AFR leaner without compromising the 'normal running' AFR
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
um? that table is the spark advance table.
idle AFR is the one I mentioned a few posts back - "Map A: A/F Ratio - Idle A/F Ratio vs Coolant Temperature"
-
darcy
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 am
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
Jayme wrote:um? that table is the spark advance table.idle AFR is the one I mentioned a few posts back - "Map A: A/F Ratio - Idle A/F Ratio vs Coolant Temperature"
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
no idea but i want some hahahah 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
redcamaro
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
The issue I've been having as a complete novice, is basic, and what you are saying is correct - but what I can't understand after reading the guide over and over is hoe to adjust desired idle.Holden202 wrote:well your not even doing the BASICS properly hence why i keep pointing you to the guide, because you shouldn't need to touch any of the obsure functions in the tune for what you have.
the whole reason we put together this basic tuning guide was so people who arn't sure on the best practice for tuning a car can use this to get started and to save hundreds of questions on the forum all for the same questions.
half the stuff your messing with i have never ever needed to touch in a tune to get most cars running perfect, set injector rate, set desired idle, then use wideband to tune ve table and use a dyno to tune spark DONE! its that simple.
don't expect to get anymore help from me if your going to be like this sorry.
Today I discovered how important that is....
I was about 100km from home, getting good AFR readings etc,.. and then there I realised that the IAC Motor was not set up properly. So I tried to follow the guide again and set it - I moved the idle screw on the throttle body, and guess what happened? The car was suddenly undriveable - totally undriveable, not even with a "backup tune".
Then it got dark, and mosquitoes and wild pigs came out to feed.
The only way to get out of there was to play a recent log file and note the IAC Motor position at idle. I set it back to what was close to that to get me home - but even close wasn't good enough - the car stopped when I drove out onto the road, and there I was dangerously stuck again.
I managed to eventually get it back off of the road, and adjusted the IAC Motor even closer (it's extremely sensitive). Then once I got away with hard throttle I had to redo the VE tables to the newest setting (even though it was closer to the old setting, but not close enough) just so I could drive home.
This part of the guide is extremely important, and likely to be the reason for misunderstanding and unnecessary flaming.
-
redcamaro
Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro
This is what I was doing while I was out in the middle of nowhere, and as a result of being unable to do successfully I realised that the IAC Motor was not set correctly in the first place. So then I got under the hood and touched the throttle body - big mistake. It's what stopped the proceedings, and stuck me there in the dark.darcy wrote:Set idle target AFR by the table EST - Idle Spark Advance as a function of MAP.redcamaro wrote: make idle AFR leaner without compromising the 'normal running' AFR