oh ok. so you only physically removed the ps and ac not altered any of the parameters.
guess my only concern is the injectors now. Should still run ok but with the EV6 response being a lot faster at lower pulse frequency I would expect some tuning will be necessary to get it right for the EV6 injectors.
Aren't there any injector parameter tables in delco euc? I 'm pretty certain with MS 2, MS 3 ecus you can enter injector parameters as well as other things like coil parameters etc...
VY ecotec in VP. Options?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
charlay86
- Posts: 586
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
- cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
the delco certainly does have an injector linearity model, the parameters might not be in the XDF
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
thatsnks that bit on info.
excuse my question coz I am a n00b at tuning, but can (if available) these parameters for the newer injectors be entered into the tune for the 808 without needing to do any real on road testing, meaning like set and forget and away we drive ?
excuse my question coz I am a n00b at tuning, but can (if available) these parameters for the newer injectors be entered into the tune for the 808 without needing to do any real on road testing, meaning like set and forget and away we drive ?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
If you know you are putting in the right data, yes. As the injectors are from a factory model you should be able to transfer that table if they are in the xdf (or someone can put them in the xdf). But in practice I would not expect significant difference, and would not worry about it untill you observe idle problems. You should be able to check the lb/min flow rates from the part numbers on online references, thats the main one to worry about.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
"VS V6
0 280 150 973 (EV1)
20.21 LB/HR 207 CC/MIN 152.8 G/MIN 12 Ohm 3.0bar OP
VT, VX, VY V6
0 280 155 777 (EV6)
21.44 LB/HR 219.85 CC/MIN 162 G/MIN 12 Ohm 3.5bar OP"
can that pose a problem?
0 280 150 973 (EV1)
20.21 LB/HR 207 CC/MIN 152.8 G/MIN 12 Ohm 3.0bar OP
VT, VX, VY V6
0 280 155 777 (EV6)
21.44 LB/HR 219.85 CC/MIN 162 G/MIN 12 Ohm 3.5bar OP"
can that pose a problem?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
well its hard to compare when one is 3 bar and the other is 3.5 but i would be thinking that means the ev6 injector will actually be less flow then the ev1 injector when used at the same fuel rail pressures.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
yes it is, 14 lb @ 3 bar if I recall correctly.
So what do you think? can the flow table ( not sure on terminology?) be transferred over ?
oh btw this engine has it all complete EV6 and 3.5 bar reg. I also understand from various sources the EV6 is more lineal flow vs fuel pressure than the EV1.
So what do you think? can the flow table ( not sure on terminology?) be transferred over ?
oh btw this engine has it all complete EV6 and 3.5 bar reg. I also understand from various sources the EV6 is more lineal flow vs fuel pressure than the EV1.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
i think the answer to the question is, it should just work ok, but you may find the fueling might be slightly off in places and the way to fix that will be a few logs and adjust the VE table.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
cool so the ignition map will stay the same correct?
So i recon I might need to get you to flash me an EEPROM to get me started.
Is there any guides to how I go about generating some logs? although it wont be anytime soon. Just want to get the engine running on a stand and make sure its healthy, still building the rest of the car
So i recon I might need to get you to flash me an EEPROM to get me started.
Is there any guides to how I go about generating some logs? although it wont be anytime soon. Just want to get the engine running on a stand and make sure its healthy, still building the rest of the car
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
you will need to get one of VL400's aldl interfaces to allow you to log data, there is usb or serial options in the for sale section.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread