Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Roosterinwa
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am
cars: Vy v6 '03 crewman

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by Roosterinwa »

Hi guys... Yeah it was the vx vy file... Will find a newer one...

I tried to do a log.. Dam thing wouldn't go into limp mode with aldl cable attached with TP5 running...

Anyone know someone in Sydney that knows this stuff????

Pullin last bit if my hair out :-( :wall:
Roosterinwa
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am
cars: Vy v6 '03 crewman

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by Roosterinwa »

Just another note... I tried to copy cal file to another ecu... But it tells be that it does not match the device so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if its possible...

Also, when editing the bin file in TP5, how to I get the changes to the desired ecu without writing bin completely?
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by kojab »

I can probably help you. I am in Sydney.

Have sent you a PM
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by antus »

If the program code in the pcm is different (from a different year or model to what your uploading) you will need to do a write bin once to update the program code. From then on to upload just calibration changes you can stick with write cals.

I would recommend kojab if you dont want to do it yourself.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

This 1 was a bit weird it was actuallky designed to have a 92209180 calibration, but got a full 92118883 which I thought would have worked but obviously the car isn't designed for it, so now with the correct calibration file loaded it seems to be o.k. for now!

I know how keen the owner is to get his teeth stuck into it now though, so with an actual custom tune that he can do it will be out performing the mail order tune in no time!
Roosterinwa
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am
cars: Vy v6 '03 crewman

Re: Vy v6 I'm so close but so far

Post by Roosterinwa »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:This 1 was a bit weird it was actuallky designed to have a 92209180 calibration, but got a full 92118883 which I thought would have worked but obviously the car isn't designed for it, so now with the correct calibration file loaded it seems to be o.k. for now!

I know how keen the owner is to get his teeth stuck into it now though, so with an actual custom tune that he can do it will be out performing the mail order tune in no time!

Right you are Vx... Uploaded new cal to the ecu and now running like a dream!

The car responded instantly to the upgrade and now performs as well as I was hoping...

Soon I will be doing a power run on the dyno but I don't know I I can squeeze out any more (but ill sure try :-) )

Will post dyno results here soon if anyone's keen to see...

Thankyou everyone who offered assistance, you all are terrific.

Delcohacking.net rocks :punk:

A special thanks to VX L67 GETRAG, who's dedication to his customers are second to none!

:driving: