Ok and then you use this with tunerPro to log real time correct?
What would you charge to flash an emprom? would I be able to get one from you? do you recommend eeprom over the oldschool eprom?
VY ecotec in VP. Options?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
It lets you use logging programs (such as TunerPro) to see what the ECU is doing. To make changes in real-time you can use an NVRAM. I havnt followed this thread that closely, but if your using the VP '808 then either one of these will get it logging if you use 12P (it wont log anything with the factory memcal). They both do the same thing just depend on your PC really..
RS232 - https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=165
USB - https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=164
If you want to start RT tuning can use this..
NVRAM - https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=167
RS232 - https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=165
USB - https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=164
If you want to start RT tuning can use this..
NVRAM - https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=167
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
i don't have any spare memcals or eproms sorry, but if you can source one i can socket your memcal and program it for you (pm me if you want to do this)vlad01 wrote:What would you charge to flash an emprom? would I be able to get one from you? do you recommend eeprom over the oldschool eprom?
eeprom would be preferable if you can find one to suit.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
give me the recommended specs for a EEPROM ic and I'll try to get one. probably be able to find one on mouser or farnell
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
you want a 28 pin 256kb or larger
27SF256 ?? i think or 29c256 in atmels if you could still get them!
27SF256 ?? i think or 29c256 in atmels if you could still get them!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
what access time is required. There is a fair bit of them on ebay as NOS items but there are several access time models available.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=atmel+29c256
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=atmel+29c256
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
Anything 120ns or faster is ok.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
ok sweet, is it a problem that all available are from china? I am concerned they might be Chinese rip offs of the genuine atmel chip?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
That will work fine, but sst 27sf512 are also a good option. The 28 DIP ones are common enough and a drop in replacement, and you dont need to stuff around with uv erasers to reprogram them. I'd go that ahead of old 2nd hand eproms. I havnt heard of issues with low quality forgeries yet, and mine certainly work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
I reckon you will have a pretty high possibility its either counterfeit or 2nd hand and recovered from some device. I know with the SST branded chips most of the counterfeits were using silk screened logos while the genuine article has it laser etched. Personally I have never bought any from China but from people on here buying DS1245Ys on ebay (almost every DS1245Y on ebay is counterfeit) its pot luck if they work or not.
For a few bucks and some waiting time it could be worth the chance as there is every possibility it will work flawlessly.
For a few bucks and some waiting time it could be worth the chance as there is every possibility it will work flawlessly.