VY ecotec in VP. Options?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
yeah i thought is might of been, I'll double check it anyway just to be sure.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
Sorting out my order with EFI connections now, need to replace all my connectors on my loom as none of them except my daily driver are good, all stuffed lol.
Can anyone tell me what the difference if the pre ecotec knock senor and the ecotec ones is? Looks identical in most ways and I figured since is a peizio microphone I can't imagine any electrical differences?
Can anyone tell me what the difference if the pre ecotec knock senor and the ecotec ones is? Looks identical in most ways and I figured since is a peizio microphone I can't imagine any electrical differences?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
i don't know the difference but i know they are different part numbers, when i put the ecotec in the torana i just used the VN knock sensor and put it on the side where it was from the VN normally. it seemed to work fine.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
I'm 99% sure they have a completely different resistance & when I was trying to run a 808 test bench off a VS-VT knock sensor it fault code straight away & just went with resistor pack!
But if that were right I guess you wouldn't have been able to do what you did Holden202T, so I'm not 100%!
But if that were right I guess you wouldn't have been able to do what you did Holden202T, so I'm not 100%!
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
no i used the ecotec on the 808 ecm hense vn knock sensor was the right one for it.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
kojab
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
- cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
- Location: Sydney
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
Pre eco\VT (VN - VS) resistance is approx 4k ohms.
Eco\VT resistance is 100k ohms. Generally speaking the knock sensors with the black socket are the early 4k ohm type and the white socket type are the later eco\vt 100k ohms. Did get caught once and found a white type which was new and unsed and it measured 4k ohms.
You must use the correct one for the knock sensor to function properly.
Eco\VT resistance is 100k ohms. Generally speaking the knock sensors with the black socket are the early 4k ohm type and the white socket type are the later eco\vt 100k ohms. Did get caught once and found a white type which was new and unsed and it measured 4k ohms.
You must use the correct one for the knock sensor to function properly.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
just be careful lumping VS in with pre ecotec, cause the motor i used was VS and that is ecotec ... never measured the resistance though.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
Ok sweet, will check the ones I have, the pre ecotec I have looks sad, might buy a new one just for the sake of a nice clean build.
interesting that the knock sensors on the ecotec plug the water jacket, good means of draining the water from the block completely for longer term storage.
interesting that the knock sensors on the ecotec plug the water jacket, good means of draining the water from the block completely for longer term storage.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
getting crap happening.
Hey 202 what output did you use for the purge? or more to the point what pin on the ECU, active high or low?


Hey 202 what output did you use for the purge? or more to the point what pin on the ECU, active high or low?


-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?
flex table a was the output i used and the ecm does the grounding, the power from the ignition i used to supply the other side of the purge solenoid.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread