Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
probably you had an auto memcal installed, so it threw the auto warnings, and now with a memcal thats setup for manual things are looking up. I cant think of anything in the tune that would cause a dim light and battery discharge like that, as you suspect I would say its an unrelated electrical problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
CRACKER/AI0
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm
- cars: VS commodore ecotec 3.8 V6
Mitsubishi Triton4X4/ buick S1 3800
conversion - Location: Aberdare NSW
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
here's the service code etc of the manual ECU I bought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
CRACKER/AI0
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm
- cars: VS commodore ecotec 3.8 V6
Mitsubishi Triton4X4/ buick S1 3800
conversion - Location: Aberdare NSW
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
I bought the NVRAM + USB COMM board from VL400.
I did mention it was for a T5 manual setup in a VS with the manual ECU. Ill check back through my emails to him to confirm it.
It's already a while back that I bought them so he may not remember me.
In the morning I'll get the voltage issue sorted first.
Then see if CEL goes out. Ohhh I forgot to mension that when it stalled this time with stock memcal I was still rolling so I roll started it and the engine light went out with the car running. Only for a couple of minutes (or less) and then it came back on again.
I do some diagnostics in the morning to see what error codes are coming up now.
Thanks for the response
I did mention it was for a T5 manual setup in a VS with the manual ECU. Ill check back through my emails to him to confirm it.
It's already a while back that I bought them so he may not remember me.
In the morning I'll get the voltage issue sorted first.
Then see if CEL goes out. Ohhh I forgot to mension that when it stalled this time with stock memcal I was still rolling so I roll started it and the engine light went out with the car running. Only for a couple of minutes (or less) and then it came back on again.
I do some diagnostics in the morning to see what error codes are coming up now.
Thanks for the response
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
Yeah sorry I cant remember what bin it was programmed with sorry. It will most likely be BSTJ RT modded as you asked for VS manual and T5 - although it sounds like its an auto bin
If it is I will reprogram it for you.
Where are you up to in getting the comms working? It it all wired in?? Can suck the calibration out and then know for sure what bin is on it.
Where are you up to in getting the comms working? It it all wired in?? Can suck the calibration out and then know for sure what bin is on it.
-
CRACKER/AI0
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm
- cars: VS commodore ecotec 3.8 V6
Mitsubishi Triton4X4/ buick S1 3800
conversion - Location: Aberdare NSW
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
The USB COMM board I bought from you is wired/ soldered on.
I tried connecting with tuner Pro RT and get connected signal.
I'm still trying to figure out the emulation part. It wont do emulating yet. (most likely due to my not knowing how!)
I'm guessing that the connected "LOGO" is due to the USB Comm board being connected.
When I tried running the car and to try emulating it didn't work.
I know I've missed something.
I tried connecting with tuner Pro RT and get connected signal.
I'm still trying to figure out the emulation part. It wont do emulating yet. (most likely due to my not knowing how!)
I'm guessing that the connected "LOGO" is due to the USB Comm board being connected.
When I tried running the car and to try emulating it didn't work.
I know I've missed something.
-
DieselBob
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am
- cars: Isuzu DMax
Alfa Romeo Guilletta - Location: NSW
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
Got a possible idle stall idea to check....
The stall saver might be out with the - light flywheel = less inertia mass
The stall saver might be out with the - light flywheel = less inertia mass
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
If TP says it's connected, that should indicate that it's talking to the ECU and not just that it can see the USB board.CRACKER/AI0 wrote:The USB COMM board I bought from you is wired/ soldered on.
I tried connecting with tuner Pro RT and get connected signal.
I'm still trying to figure out the emulation part. It wont do emulating yet. (most likely due to my not knowing how!)
I'm guessing that the connected "LOGO" is due to the USB Comm board being connected.
When I tried running the car and to try emulating it didn't work.
I know I've missed something.
When you're connected, there will probably be something identifying the ECU it's found along the bottom-left of the TP window?
It will say "Hardware: Not found" or similar there if it can't communicate with the ECU.
If your connection is working, clicking the blue down arrow ("Download bin from emulator to Tuner Pro") up the top will download the cal from the ECU.
Have you tried testing the connection with the FlashTool? It can be a little easier to get your head around to start with, and it's pretty obvious when it connects
Your flywheel doesn't sound like it's been lightened so much as to make it cause major issues (but I don't know how those engines respond to f/w changes) - years ago I lightened my GTV's by about 40% with only a minor impact to idle etc but a big improvement on responsiveness.
How bad is the vibration? That could be playing a bigger part than the weight reduction?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Do I need to Tune(VS Ecotec)with lighter F/W
I sent cracker/ai0 a PDF that will be added to the plugin thread later, its a getting started guide for using the plugin so runs through the setup and use.
What ADX are you using? And what XDF are you using? Need to grab the $51 ADX and XDF from here..
ADXs: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29
XDFs: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5
Also as festy suggested try the flashtool and see if that can connect. Download from here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82
Open it and go to the preferences (its under the options menu). From the vehicle presets menu select "VS Ecotec or S/C PCM in Vehicle" and then choose the com port. Click ok. From the main screen click 'Connect to ECU"
What ADX are you using? And what XDF are you using? Need to grab the $51 ADX and XDF from here..
ADXs: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29
XDFs: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5
Also as festy suggested try the flashtool and see if that can connect. Download from here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82
Open it and go to the preferences (its under the options menu). From the vehicle presets menu select "VS Ecotec or S/C PCM in Vehicle" and then choose the com port. Click ok. From the main screen click 'Connect to ECU"