VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

Holden202T wrote:do you have a website link or turbo specs ?
T04E - ebay turbo

Turbo model Compressor details Turbine details
T3T4-1 T3 T4 a/r 0.60 a/r .63
bearing type: wet float bearing air inlet 3.00" turbine housing flange Standard T3
cooled type: oil cooled air outlet 2.00" Exhaust outlet 2.5" v-band
horsepower: 300-400hp        
wastegate: internal-wastegate inducer 54.30mm inducer 65.25mm
    exducer 71.00mm exducer 56.00mm
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by vlad01 »

300kwv6 wrote:
vlad01 wrote:sure wasn't, apparently there was only 11,500 VP vacationers made in total and blue was the least made from them.

I seen a hand full of white, 2 green ones and yours is the first blue one I seen since the 6 years I owned mine.

here is mine taken last year, looks a lot worse now. I use it for work and do 50-60k a year on average.

Looks good, can't say I've seen other blue ones either. I like the fact it has cruise control and front power windows. Did you loose the A/C?

yes, after I rattled out the old engine in the first 20k of owning it ( never changes old brands, stick to a good one though out the engines life), I scored an engine for 200 bucks that sat in a shed for 11-12 years with 80-90,000km on it, owner seem to think it was 89,000 which it most certainly was true :P

while I was doing the engine swap and T5 conversion as well as tail shaft and brakes and suspension and steering and fuel system rebuild and changing the whole dash over (lol) I ditched the AC as it was long dead and the compressor clutch pulley bearing was rattly and the nut on the front was always coming loose. It was dead weight anyway.

I never owned a car not any one in my family that the AC worked, until now. my VP executive one owner project car, it still works :mrgreen:

Plan to keep it like that with the ecotec conversion.

the drivers side automatic electric window is a real pita, just decides to open fully when I only want to open a crack which is 90% of the time. I have to open and close it in sequence to open it just a little.

the cruise control seems to have a bug, turn it off while its still engaged and it wont work again until you "reset" the car, tun the ignition off then on again. It all works but its not the greatest. I like window winders, but the cruise is very useful. I made an photo interrupter circuit on the clutch tied into the cruise control panel so it disengages and reengages the cruse if I need to change gears going up or down hills but in hindsight it would of been better to wired that to the cruse stop switch coz sometime it reengaged when pulling up to a intersection going full throttle in 2nd gear lmao.

the best thing that come out of that is the cruse prevented overrun down hills since there is a direct drive via the manual. going up over a steep hill and then back down using nothing but cruise control it only varied by 2km/h
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

vlad01 wrote:Plan to keep it like that with the ecotec conversion.
So you converted to ecotec already?
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer

Post by 300kwv6 »

My cruise control and front power windows work smooth, car is in good shape and just hit 202,000km
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by Holden202T »

i'm very keen to see wherre that turbo makes boost, my brother has probably the next size up from that on his VP V6 and its great top end but takes a bit to build boost at low revs
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by delcowizzid »

turbo above should be on by 1200rpm
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by delcowizzid »

bigger wheel and bigger exhaust housing comes on like this LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lBnoNMN ... ontext-gau
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

Well guys I'm going rear mount turbo (something a bit different) that's the reason for the smaller exhaust housing and scavenge pump. Still I'm hoping to see boost before 2000 rpm. The goal is 200rwkw @ 10 psi.

Will have more photos up in the next few days :thumbup:
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

delcowizzid wrote:bigger wheel and bigger exhaust housing comes on like this LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lBnoNMN ... ontext-gau
Nice video, she pulls really well I'm impressed :)
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by delcowizzid »

they pull all the way to the limiter even at 6500
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem