VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Post by Holden202T »

hahhaha sounds like i tick all the boxes then, i don't flog it till its up to temp, i regularly change the oil and i have no problems laying the boot in more often than not :) the secret to years of hassle free running hahahah
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Post by vlad01 »

yup, key to it is understanding how an engine engineering wise it designed to work and bit of understanding of physics and common sense really.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Post by Holden202T »

yeah its funny i know a few people that thing as soon as your engine has oil pressure then its right to flog it even cold ... they don't seem to get the concepts of clearances and i think alot of it is because cars these days are so nice to drive even stone cold, no stubble or hesitation due to efi and they think it doesn't matter!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I know, then there is the other at the other end of extremes who let it idle for 30min to warm it up. :wall: