Bin files saved as txt.. Convert
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Bin files saved as txt.. Convert
The only module it needs is POSIX (which is a standard base module) so it should work with any version of Perl from 5.0 onwards.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Bin files saved as txt.. Convert
I think strict has become the default and you havnt scoped all your variables, so I decided to add a warning as I couldnt be bothered updating and testing 
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Bin files saved as txt.. Convert
OK all double dutch to me I loaded the PL with perl, but then how/where do I load the txt file to convert it, or if there's a dummies guide to using perl?
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Bin files saved as txt.. Convert
from commandline:
> perl txt2binfile.pl filename.txt
(substitiue filename.txt for the name of the file you want to convert)
Or copy this cmd file to the same folder as the perl script, and then drag and drop the files to convert onto it.
(file is zipped because the forum won't let me upload a .cmd file)
> perl txt2binfile.pl filename.txt
(substitiue filename.txt for the name of the file you want to convert)
Or copy this cmd file to the same folder as the perl script, and then drag and drop the files to convert onto it.
(file is zipped because the forum won't let me upload a .cmd file)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Bin files saved as txt.. Convert
Finally got to test it & works perfect not that I doubted you or it, if I select y it makes it full of zeros to fill out 256k, if I select N it just makes it the native size!
It's awesome thanks heaps, now I need to learn more about PERL I think!
It's awesome thanks heaps, now I need to learn more about PERL I think!