Looking for some help
I have been asked to look at a hilux runing a VX V6 auto. His issue is that his cooling fans do not come in.
The bin is a 92104512. It is running a V6 conversions BCM Simulator.
The low speed fan is not connected. The high speed fan is conected, but comes in way too late causing the engine to overheat.
I grabbed the bin file from the memcal ID tool and took a look at it. It appears as though the fan setting may not be defined correctly as they are switching in the 40's.
I downloaded the bin from the car ( twice to be sure..) and tried to adjust the settings in the car by altering the bin and uploading the cal allowing for the weird data. No change.
Then I tried loading in the 92108378 bin as it seems to have the fan temps set to a more realistic level, which seemed to upload ok. However, even though I had the VATS set to disable, VATS remained enabled. Not sure if this has something to do with the BCM Simulator?
I varified both with my tech2.
Anyway, I had to upload the origonal bin to get the engine running again.
Datalogging was also an issue. Seemed as though it was connecting then instantly disconnecting over and over.
So, the questions I have are as follows,
Does the 92104512 bin require a different XDF to the other VX bins?
If I have to change the PCM, how do I get it to work with the BCM Simulator?
How do I fix the datalogging?
Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
A few issues with VX V6
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
A few issues with VX V6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: A few issues with VX V6
try the latest xdf from the xdf section. I fixed up heaps of stuff over v1
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... t=5&p=5#p5
If vats is an issue and not running correctly then data logging wont work properly. Give it a go with the latest xdf
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... t=5&p=5#p5
If vats is an issue and not running correctly then data logging wont work properly. Give it a go with the latest xdf
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
Re: A few issues with VX V6
Thanks mate.
The temps look normal now. I will give it a try.
The temps look normal now. I will give it a try.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: A few issues with VX V6
92104512 is $BD(a) based I think from memory, where as 92108378 is $BD(b) based again I think from memory!
So would need 2 different xdf's for either, but adx's are the same & best to use Yoda ver 1.04 I think from memory!
Yes you can update calibration 4512 to 8378 but would need a full bin where as the 1's in memcal ID are blank at start & won't run!
If you do a full bin update then you'd have issues with linking if the simulator needs to be linked?
So would need 2 different xdf's for either, but adx's are the same & best to use Yoda ver 1.04 I think from memory!
Yes you can update calibration 4512 to 8378 but would need a full bin where as the 1's in memcal ID are blank at start & won't run!
If you do a full bin update then you'd have issues with linking if the simulator needs to be linked?
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
Re: A few issues with VX V6
Found another strange figure.
In High Res Speed Input PPK Odometer - Auto, it's now reading 416 ppk.
With the other XDF, the figure was much higher.
92108378, 92104514, 92108378, 92108760 and 92108762 all read as BD0A in the 'software ID' Don't know enough about it to know if this is right?
In High Res Speed Input PPK Odometer - Auto, it's now reading 416 ppk.
With the other XDF, the figure was much higher.
92108378, 92104514, 92108378, 92108760 and 92108762 all read as BD0A in the 'software ID' Don't know enough about it to know if this is right?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: A few issues with VX V6
no 4512, 4513 & 4514 I think are all $BD(a) & the 8*** on are $BD(b) again from memory but i'm pretty sure!
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
Re: A few issues with VX V6
Ok, so which series does the XDF suit? A or B?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: A few issues with VX V6
for the PPK scalar
7E44 is A
7E46 is B
The XDF should be A, i will reupload it again 1.32 with A on it. Let me know if there is any other errors.
7E44 is A
7E46 is B
The XDF should be A, i will reupload it again 1.32 with A on it. Let me know if there is any other errors.
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
Re: A few issues with VX V6
Thanks mate.
Found a couple more,
Knock retard enable time
Stoichometric AFR
PE Commanded AFR Multiplier Vs Time RPM Limit
EGR Enable Temp
Base Injector rate
Injector Minimum Narrow Pulse width, looks a bit sus
MAF Scaler tables look a bit weird
Open Loop Idle AFR, -28 and -40 degrees
Open Loop AFR Vs MGS Vs RPM, 4800/650 and 700 zeroed out
Power enrichment enable (TPS Vs RPM and MGC Vs RPM), 4400 and 4800
I have updated the Input PPK, looks fine now.
Found a couple more,
Knock retard enable time
Stoichometric AFR
PE Commanded AFR Multiplier Vs Time RPM Limit
EGR Enable Temp
Base Injector rate
Injector Minimum Narrow Pulse width, looks a bit sus
MAF Scaler tables look a bit weird
Open Loop Idle AFR, -28 and -40 degrees
Open Loop AFR Vs MGS Vs RPM, 4800/650 and 700 zeroed out
Power enrichment enable (TPS Vs RPM and MGC Vs RPM), 4400 and 4800
I have updated the Input PPK, looks fine now.
-
Lawso
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm
- cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute - Location: Campbelltown NSW
Re: A few issues with VX V6
Ok, I took the lead from the PPK change and tried moving 2 bytes back on the following and it seems to have worked,
base injector rate
injector minimum narrow pulse width
knock retard enable minimum run time
knock retard enable ect
stoichometric afr
PE commanded afr multiplier vs time rpm limit
PE Decay Rate
EGR enable temp
lean cruise enable coolant temp
lean cruise minimum road speed to enable
lean cruise minimum road speed to enable hysterisis
stft enable coolant temp startup
base injector rate
injector minimum narrow pulse width
knock retard enable minimum run time
knock retard enable ect
stoichometric afr
PE commanded afr multiplier vs time rpm limit
PE Decay Rate
EGR enable temp
lean cruise enable coolant temp
lean cruise minimum road speed to enable
lean cruise minimum road speed to enable hysterisis
stft enable coolant temp startup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.