VP v8 ecu problems

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Holmstrom
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:43 am
cars: 92 VPs V8 Ute

VP v8 ecu problems

Post by Holmstrom »

Hi, i'm new to this site so I may sound a bit ameturre. I bought a re-programmable delco ECU for my VPs V8 ute and I am having trouble getting TunerPro to connect to the new ecu, I have followed the instructions that were given to me, yet it still says "DA: NOT CONNECTED" and "HARDWARE NOT FOUND". It was bought off ebay from "Delcoecus"

Any help I would appreciate

James
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VP v8 ecu problems

Post by The1 »

by re-programmable im guessing that means realtime, in which case if your using tunerpro you will need plugins so you are probably best to contact the ebay seller about that.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: VP v8 ecu problems

Post by antus »

Im afraid you probably have low quality clone hardware. See this thread here:

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... 85&p=26934

The pictured item is for the later ecus, but I expect yours is similar. It would be good if you can post some pics for us to verify.

You should contact the seller for support. If you get it running, we can help you tune but we can not support that hardware.

If you can get a refund, I would advise buying the real thing here:
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=167
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=14&t=164

We can verify that hardware works, and the software is freely available on this site.

good luck!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396