I'd like to say to start off by saying that this forum has a wealth of knowledge in it and is a credit to all involved! Also, this is my first post so please be kind as im just struggling with putting all the pieces together lol
I've been doing some reading of this forum the last few days, in particular the getting started guide among others, trying to take in and understand the world of EFI and Delco tuning as id like to do a Delco conversion but I think i've missed some key points and its left me with a few question (some probably silly) so i thought id ask them in the hope that someone could point me in the right direction...
I'm looking at setting up a Delco 808 on a V8 other than a holden 5.0ltr.
I work in a wrecking yard so i have a decent amount of parts, looms and ECM's available. The one i had my eye on was a VN V8 loom and ECM. Theres also a VR V8 Auto loom and PCM kicking around but i havent seen or read any mention of that loom/PCM being used in conversions, I'm guessing because the PCM also controls the Auto?
What im thinking of doing is setting up an 808 on an injected Windsor as im not a great fan of the EECIV/V or what ever they run. Its a long term project that im thinking of and EFI fits the bill, plus the thought of real time tuning is pretty cool
My questions are, so far...
Would the VN V8 loom and ECM be suitable for a conversion or have i got off on the wrong foot?
I'm struggling with the basics of the NVRAM concepts and setup (i've only found the 1 pic of how it goes together...lol)
If i bought a NVRAM Conversion kit and a USB Comms board so the early ECM can transfer data at the 8192 Baud allowing real time tuning, do i still need a MEMCAL?
If so can i use the original MEMCAL or do i need a later one with the larger 256k chip like im reading about the VR's having to fit the $12P package?
Do i then need to buy a eprom eraser/programmer of sorts to change the memcal?
Does the NVRAM need to be pre-programmed with anything to get me going?
Can i delete the original Holden V8 Bosch ignition module in favor of say an MSD Digital and an MSD dizzy? (this is a key point)
Anyhelp or answers would be greatly appreciated!
I appologise if im asking old-done-to-death questions in other threds...
