Ah, ok, thanks, I will check that now. That makes some sense as we stripped this thing right down and cleaned it up, maybe the throttle stop was changed by accident. I know that the motor hits desired idle pretty much exactly, but ill check this now.
Thanks.
L67 going into limp home (I think)
-
ev351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
DTC 71 is low engine speed, when the rpm is below 120rpm for a time period.
-
ev351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
Ok thanks, thats what i have been searching for. Im out cruising at the moment. DTC71 must be being set in mistake as the engine is running nicely save for the issue with no power at wide open. I just checked the first version of my bin which i got from here, and dtc71 is not enabled. MAybe i have enabled this in error? should it be enabled for a v6 SC v6?
Here is how it goes:
ignition on codes set
start car all ok,
very shortly after as i drive away dtc 71 is set.
and still no power on wide open...
Here is how it goes:
ignition on codes set
start car all ok,
very shortly after as i drive away dtc 71 is set.
and still no power on wide open...
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
it's not enabled in stock bin so turn it off, obviously it's not running that low.
See how it goes with it disabled as it may cause a limp.
Do you have a wideband hooked up? AFR's ok? is the log you posted have a WOT in it? not getting any retard during WOT?
See how it goes with it disabled as it may cause a limp.
Do you have a wideband hooked up? AFR's ok? is the log you posted have a WOT in it? not getting any retard during WOT?
-
ev351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
I thought that, ill get rid of it.
I think it may just be that its pinging, i just put the knock retard monitor upn and did a few runs... sure enough its stealing some timing.
SO i got a bottle of octane boost and its going way better... with lots less pinging. crap. maybe time for an intercooler... anyone got a adaptor plate for sale??
OH and if anyones bored, i posted a vid of take off with octane boost..... yay l67
I think it may just be that its pinging, i just put the knock retard monitor upn and did a few runs... sure enough its stealing some timing.
SO i got a bottle of octane boost and its going way better... with lots less pinging. crap. maybe time for an intercooler... anyone got a adaptor plate for sale??
OH and if anyones bored, i posted a vid of take off with octane boost..... yay l67
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
how much boost are you running? i would think the stock maps on stock boost in that light body would cause it to ramp rpm quicker, so i would expect some retard.
-
ev351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
Im running 10 - 11 psi according ot the guage. I got a smaller pulley for it.
When you say you would expect some retard, do you mean you would expect to see knock retard in the monitor or just less timing due to the engine being on a different part of the ignition map than it would be in a heavier car / steeper diff ratio?
I am seeing knock retard...
When you say you would expect some retard, do you mean you would expect to see knock retard in the monitor or just less timing due to the engine being on a different part of the ignition map than it would be in a heavier car / steeper diff ratio?
I am seeing knock retard...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
i dunno about the dodgy camera work but it definately gets to 100kms pretty briskly 
as for knocking ... if you are pushing more PSI in at a certain RPM than you otherwise would with the stock pulley then that alone could be enough to cause knock!
i would suggest trying to lower timing in the areas you are seeing pinging and see if it improves the knock logs ... as the end of the day if you are seeing knock then if you get rid of it you'll probably find it will feel alot better (depending how much timing its pulling now)
as for knocking ... if you are pushing more PSI in at a certain RPM than you otherwise would with the stock pulley then that alone could be enough to cause knock!
i would suggest trying to lower timing in the areas you are seeing pinging and see if it improves the knock logs ... as the end of the day if you are seeing knock then if you get rid of it you'll probably find it will feel alot better (depending how much timing its pulling now)
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
ev351
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
yeah that damn suzuki suspension makes it hard to hold the phone....
I will try to mess around with the timing a little... I guess the best solution would be to fit an intercooler?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: L67 going into limp home (I think)
yeah possibly, or water/methanol injection etc .... something to lower the intake charge temps would more than likely solve said issues.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread