VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i don't blame you there!
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

Here's a quick video of it running in the shed. Still up on jack stands and ramps but you get the idea.

http://youtu.be/iPKxTY0Shno
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by vlad01 »

looks good.

wish my vacationer looked that good. So clean and good conditioned compared to mine.

how many Ks has it got? mine hit 300k on friday :driving:
User avatar
300kwv6
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 am
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more
Location: Perth

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by 300kwv6 »

202,000 km on the clock
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by Holden202T »

good number :) when it gets to 202202 take a pic for me hahahaha
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:good number :) when it gets to 202202 take a pic for me hahahaha
no it should be
202,202
202 odo


I got mine on
300,000
300 odo

next I am going for
333,333
333

lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by vlad01 »

300kwv6 wrote:202,000 km on the clock
thats exactly what mine was at when I started work in jan 2011. first log book record for work was 202xxx :D
I got the car in 06 at 176,000
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by Holden202T »

and my 2006 commodore just ticked over 214,000km :(
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by vlad01 »

my friend's 03 VY has over 360,000. new engine and the tranny seal changed. new brakes :thumbup:

gonna see if this super efficient car it can hit 1 million! does over 1000ks on a tank. Not bad for a beaten up POS
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Vacationer - Turbocharged Build

Post by Holden202T »

thats cheating though if the motor has been replaced!

had a mate at work who retired his VN V6 at 780,000kms :) apparently all it needed in that time was a few wlesh plugs, and a water pump lol (obviously this doesn't include consumables like plugs, leads, fan belt and oil etc)

he said it would be pretty tappety for a few minutes then came good !!