Hi all
I have an issue with an serv error showing on the LCD on a xv cluster in a conversion, can any one help?
Some background 1996 Ford Courier, 4x4, manual, fitted with a 2001 vx v6 engine, with all the vx controls and functions (key,central locking, cluster, wiring ect) except no abs or srs.
I have no other codes expect the ones relating to missing abs and srs
Due to not fitting the abs or srs the cluster now shows serv error just after start and dissapears after about 10 sec, is this because the cluster, abs, srs bcm are all on a data serial line and the cluster is not seeing tha abs and srs and loggs a code?
Is there any way to reprogram the cluster not to look for the missing componets or trick the cluster that the componets there.
I have see the Holden dealer but they are unsure that they can do anything with the TECH2.
Any help or information would be good.
KTM 300
VX cluster serv error help
-
KTM 300
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am
- cars: Vk Group3
V6 supercharged Ford Courier
AU2 XR8 (wife's car)
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VX cluster serv error help
I had that on 1 of my mates VT's & only did it after I plugged into it & updated the checksum in the eeprom, no idea why I did it to be honest but yeah he says it still does it everytime!
It also does that when I have logging tool plugged into the OBD port so I guess it could do it for a few reasons!
does the ABS & SRS chime after start & light stays on dash for them?
It also does that when I have logging tool plugged into the OBD port so I guess it could do it for a few reasons!
does the ABS & SRS chime after start & light stays on dash for them?
-
KTM 300
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am
- cars: Vk Group3
V6 supercharged Ford Courier
AU2 XR8 (wife's car)
Re: VX cluster serv error help
The abs and srs lights are on but no chime. I have cheated a little by removing the globes for the abs and srs.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: VX cluster serv error help
Is it just the 10,000kms service reminder? Try this?
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt- ... ssage.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt- ... ssage.html
It is possible to program the dash for no abs/srs but I do not have the tools for this. I would assume its in a tech 2, but I dont know for sure.1 Turn the ignition off
2 Hold down trip computer up and down buttons together
3 Turn the ignition on while still holding the 2 buttons
4 after approx 3 seconds release both buttons
5 press the mode button untill service due screen appears
6 press and hold both up down buttons for approx 3 seconds untill you hear a beep
7 release both buttons
8 turn ignition off
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VX cluster serv error help
I doubt it's the actual service reminder as that flashes up with the KM value & not actual service error!
I believe the tech2 can disable SRS & ABS, but you can also do it by sending commands if you know what to send!
I believe the tech2 can disable SRS & ABS, but you can also do it by sending commands if you know what to send!
-
KTM 300
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am
- cars: Vk Group3
V6 supercharged Ford Courier
AU2 XR8 (wife's car)
Re: VX cluster serv error help
Thats correct VX its not the service reminder as in flashing the K It flashes serv ERROR
Thanks for the help antus
Just doing a bit of google and I found some TECH2 instructions for the programing of the cluster and is shows that the srs can be tunerd off but nothing about the abs.
Thanks for the help antus
Just doing a bit of google and I found some TECH2 instructions for the programing of the cluster and is shows that the srs can be tunerd off but nothing about the abs.
-
DieselBob
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am
- cars: Isuzu DMax
Alfa Romeo Guilletta - Location: NSW
Re: VX cluster serv error help
Got a question...
Playing about with function commands on the ecu's and data bus wondering if you could send me any command strings you found???
Playing about with function commands on the ecu's and data bus wondering if you could send me any command strings you found???
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VX cluster serv error help
Hey Diesel Bob,
You know I'm a bit technically speaking challenged, what do you mean command scripts?
First for a lot of the info you need to unlock the clusters with seed/key!
There is a software that's been on net for a while reffered to as AA, it's actually for vy-vz cluster programming but you can use the unlock feature of it for vt-vx clusters & then manually send commands!
You know I'm a bit technically speaking challenged, what do you mean command scripts?
First for a lot of the info you need to unlock the clusters with seed/key!
There is a software that's been on net for a while reffered to as AA, it's actually for vy-vz cluster programming but you can use the unlock feature of it for vt-vx clusters & then manually send commands!
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: VX cluster serv error help
Sorry for the 11 year old thread dig.
I'm programming a VT/VX/VU cluster for a conversion.
After changing the odometer to suit the new vehicle, and disabling the SRS, etc. I also had the "serv error" message.
It's not the same message as a service reminder, it can't be reset with the buttons or using tech2win.
I had a look in an VT/VX XDF I no doubt found on here somewhere at some stage.
I noticed address 0x3F is labelled "service flags".
I changed that to 0 from whatever it was, but it didn't make any difference.
Ideally I would like to disable the service reminder completely.
Does anyone know what flag each bit of that byte actually is? Is that even possible?
Thanks
I'm programming a VT/VX/VU cluster for a conversion.
After changing the odometer to suit the new vehicle, and disabling the SRS, etc. I also had the "serv error" message.
It's not the same message as a service reminder, it can't be reset with the buttons or using tech2win.
I had a look in an VT/VX XDF I no doubt found on here somewhere at some stage.
I noticed address 0x3F is labelled "service flags".
I changed that to 0 from whatever it was, but it didn't make any difference.
Ideally I would like to disable the service reminder completely.
Does anyone know what flag each bit of that byte actually is? Is that even possible?
Thanks
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: VX cluster serv error help
I believe wrong checksums inside the cluster memory result in the serv error message, maybe related depending how your programming??
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
