Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by Holden202T »

i've only ever bought new (siemens deka's) and one set of second hand injectors off ebay.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by vlad01 »

can't find them new for under 350 bucks, thats the bosch no siemens ones came up on ebay.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by Holden202T »

for the LS1 injectors i think they are bosch. the dekas are 60 and 80lb :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by vlad01 »

so what actually are these injectors rated at? some list them as 24 lb @ 3 bar, some at 26 lb @ 3 bar and I even see 27 and 28 lb @ 3 bar?


Looked at some listing on the net for bosch injectors and they mostly show up as 26 @ 3 bar.

I m confused :? all have the same color and PN too.


meanwhile.

now my shopping list escalates to new bonnet and new front left panel. That too was hit with a grinder and heaps of bog. so this got me checking the main body. Thankfully that all checks out repair free

Also the front right panel is a genuine holden replacement, but its a s2 panel which has no mounting hole for the rubber bumper blocks that the bonnet sits on. in s2 they changed them to an off stand bolt with a rubber pad on it.


So I had a stashed panel for my vacationer from few years ago which happen to be the correct replacement so last night I started stripping the hideous multi layer paint job., metal underneath was almost perfect!
IMG_0371_zps160dfc32.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by Holden202T »

i'd try and find manufacturers specs for the part number, hard to trust anything else on the net.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by The1 »

The 931's are rated for 3.5bar, but being ev6's will handle different pressure's fine, so you can run them at 3 bar and get 24lb or 3.5bar and get 26lb

the bosch page is here, but the rating will spec @ 3bar but there rated for 3.5bar

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/languag ... ectors.pdf

dont know why some label them as 28lb
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by vlad01 »

omg, got s pdf from bosch. says those are 187cc at 3 bar, or 17lb via conversion. wtf?

but at 3.5 bar would this be 24 lb?

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/languag ... ectors.pdf
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by The1 »

it's grams/min :hmm:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by vlad01 »

oh haha so it is.

"whips out calculator"

24.735866 lb/h

so this would be around 26 lb at 3.5 bar?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's VP executive

Post by The1 »

should convert to 201.978 Grams/Min for 3.5bar or 26.718 lb