16227839 ECU

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
milleniumbug
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

16227839 ECU

Post by milleniumbug »

Hi all. After 2 months of forum reading and no solution, I decided to post here. So, I have a "Holden/Vauxall/OPEL" tigra (engine is X14XE 1.4l 16v), with DELCO 16227839 Ecu. I can't find any info about this ecu... reading [Information] ALDL Basics I suppose my ALDL implementation is VR. What xdl and adx should I use in tunerpro? are VR_$11_v1.01.zip & $11B_V105.zip right ?


I'm a "young" electronic engeneer, cause low budget I soldered this interface :D Image.

Thanks ALL!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by antus »

Be aware that in that diagram D2 is pictured backwards and it wont work as is.

It will probably be VR style, in that it runs at 8192 baud and the pc asks for data and the pcm answers, but you will need to figure out the device ID that it uses (probably not the same as VR), and you may need to attempt to define your own adx by logging raw data in a test environment and trying to change 1 parameter at a time with a running engine or pcm on a bench - eg only have a MAP sensor connected, log it and suck on a pipe to sensor to create some vaccume and look for the biggest change in the data thats coming back and apply the same formula from other ADXs for 1 bar MAP and to try to build up meaning full data on the dash screen. Its not the easiest place to jump in, but its about your only option if there is no adx available. I have heard there is opel opcom available for about $20, that may support that engine (you'll need to check that out) and if it does it'll give you something you can use straight away and if you wanted to make an adx it can decode a data stream to give you some info to work from.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
milleniumbug
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by milleniumbug »

hi antus... i think D2 is right placed... if i backward it, i will break my MAX232, and no data arrives to pin... 1) "R1 OUT" cant take so much current in... 2) my professor always said: "in digital elecronic, diodes are like arrows indicating data direction".. i think you are referring this other scheme:

Image

Now I think we fixed analog, let's go to digital! :D
I understand there are no "standard" memory maps, no standard schemes, no standard requests to PCM. I'm going to look for another 16227839 and do some bench tests. Meanwhile, I'll search something useful in opcom...
Thanks ;)

Edit: Really nothing useful in opcom, also tried with hex editor.... :(
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by VL400 »

Have you got a copy of the bin from the ECU? Or is it not a memcal?? I have looked at other Euro ECU bins and the ALDL is nothing like what we are using in Commodores.
milleniumbug
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by milleniumbug »

No, I haven't bin... Is there any way to dump?
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by festy »

Your ECU probably has the BRNW bin, and uses a 27C512 DIL eprom.
The later Tigra 1.4 16v ECUs had a 29F010 PLCC eprom.

If yours isn't BRNW, tell me what the 4 letter code is and I'll see if I have the bin already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by Holden202T »

milleniumbug wrote:hi antus... i think D2 is right placed... if i backward it, i will break my MAX232, and no data arrives to pin... 1) "R1 OUT" cant take so much current in... 2) my professor always said: "in digital elecronic, diodes are like arrows indicating data direction".. i think you are referring this other scheme:

Image

Now I think we fixed analog, let's go to digital! :D
I understand there are no "standard" memory maps, no standard schemes, no standard requests to PCM. I'm going to look for another 16227839 and do some bench tests. Meanwhile, I'll search something useful in opcom...
Thanks ;)

Edit: Really nothing useful in opcom, also tried with hex editor.... :(
i don't understand, if your saying direction of flow is the way the arrow points then wouldn't you want it the other way so signal out of R1 OUT will flow out of it but can't flow back into it ? in which case the arrow should be the other way ?
milleniumbug
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by milleniumbug »

@festy: I am 99.9% sure that my ECU is BRNW... so THANKS! :D Anything about tunerpro (or other useful) files ?!? (I found this pic: Image )

@Holden202T: The 2nd scheme i published is the 10pin to RS232 and D2 is backwarded... the 1st scheme is 16pin to rs232 and D2 is in the correct position....
EDIT: You were right!!! Now I notice D2 is in the wrong direction in both schemes!!!
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by festy »

An easy way to find the interesting maps etc is to compare a stock bin against a tuned bin.

eg. I think the part throttle fuel(?) map is a 16x11(?) at 3969/C:

Code: Select all

00003960  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  ff 10 00 0b 5a 56 5a 60  |............ZVZ`|
00003970  63 6d 79 7a 78 7f 83 5a  65 6a 70 76 7e 82 85 83  |cmyzx..Zejpv~...|
00003980  84 84 5f 68 76 7c 81 8b  90 91 8e 8f 8f 5f 6c 78  |.._hv|......._lx|
00003990  7f 85 8e 92 93 91 92 93  6d 7e 84 8a 90 97 99 9d  |........m~......|
000039a0  99 9b a0 5a 72 81 89 8f  97 9c 9e 99 9a 9b 5a 72  |...Zr.........Zr|
000039b0  7f 85 90 96 98 9a 97 9a  9b 70 88 91 98 a1 a3 a6  |.........p......|
000039c0  a7 a3 a3 a4 7b 91 9a a0  a8 aa ae b1 ad ae af 82  |....{...........|
000039d0  95 9c a8 ad b1 b3 b5 b4  b6 b7 86 9b a8 ad b3 b8  |................|
000039e0  bb bb b7 b8 b9 82 9c aa  b0 b7 bc c0 c0 ba bb bb  |................|
000039f0  76 96 a2 a8 af b4 b8 b9  b6 b7 b7 7a 8b 97 9f a4  |v..........z....|
00003a00  ac af b0 ab ac ac 7f 8a  96 9e a3 ab ae af aa aa  |................|
00003a10  aa 7a 7c 8a 93 98 a1 a4  a6 a1 a2 a2 10 00 0b 56  |.z|............V|
00003a20  56 56 5a 5a 5d 60 62 63  67 6a 5a 61 65 67 6a 6e  |VVZZ]`bcgjZaegjn|
compared to:

Code: Select all

00003960  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  ff 10 00 0b 5a 56 5a 60  |............ZVZ`|
00003970  63 6a 75 76 78 7f 83 5a  65 6a 70 76 7e 82 85 87  |cjuvx..Zejpv~...|
00003980  88 88 5f 68 7a 80 85 8b  90 91 92 93 93 5f 6c 7c  |.._hz........_l||
00003990  83 89 8e 92 93 95 96 97  6d 82 88 8e 94 97 99 9c  |........m.......|
000039a0  9d 9f a4 60 78 87 8f 95  99 9d 9f 9f a0 a1 60 78  |...`x.........`x|
000039b0  85 8b 92 98 9a 9c 9d a0  a1 76 8e 97 9e a2 a4 a7  |.........v......|
000039c0  a8 a9 a9 aa 81 97 a0 a6  a9 ab af b2 b3 b4 b5 88  |................|
000039d0  9b a2 a9 ae b2 b4 b6 ba  bc bd 8c a1 a9 ae b4 b9  |................|
000039e0  bc bc bd be bf 88 a2 ab  b1 b8 bd c0 c0 c0 c1 c1  |................|
000039f0  7e 9a a5 ab b2 b7 bb bc  be bf bf 7e 8f 9b a2 a7  |~..........~....|
00003a00  af b2 b3 b3 b4 b4 83 8e  9a a1 a6 ae b1 b2 b2 b2  |................|
00003a10  b2 7e 80 8e 97 9c a4 a7  a9 a9 aa aa 10 00 0b 56  |.~.............V|
00003a20  56 56 5a 5a 5d 60 62 63  67 6a 5a 61 65 67 6a 6e  |VVZZ]`bcgjZaegjn|
I suspect the rev limiter could possibly be at 3F9Dh.
Something roughly similar to 5750000/[3F9Dh:3F9Eh] would give a stock rev limit of ~6800 rpm?

Is there a specific map you're looking for, or are you more interested in getting communications working?
Are you sure this ECU uses ALDL and not an ISO/KWP protocol?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: 16227839 ECU

Post by festy »

Here's that map in Tuner Pro:
t14_fuel.png
The axis values are rough guesses based on other ECUs I've mapped, but it does look like rpm vs possibly load or kpa?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.