monaro308 wrote:What price range would you be talking about Dick and could the RTLS1 be sold to an individual ie me since my VT track car will hit the track
in the next couple of months.
Sooner or later i'm gonna have to shell out for EFI live or HP tuners etc
RTLS1 would be great for your VT track car. Could have someone any where via the internet tuning it in real time while your racing it on the track.
I have decided to sell RTLS1 to individual tuners like yourself. Monaro308 could you PM me a landline phone number (not Mobil) so I can call you and have a good chat.
If there is any more interest by others in the RTLS1 I will start a new thread and give more details if this is OK with the Delco Hacking.net group.
Cheers
Dick
Last edited by kojab on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd be interested to find a little bit more about it as well.
Haven't got anyhthing with an LS1 in it to play with at the moment, but might get me a bit more interested.
Cheapest and quickest would be to take the pcm to someone and get them to disable vats for you. Im not sure the tech 2 can do vats - check that before you purchase one if you decide to go that way. I dont think it'd be terribly useful for much else on your torana.
Tech2 won't disable your VATS.
For my VT track car i had my original V6 BCM and key and an ebay PCM and a PIM off another car.
I needed to link the BCM to the PCM and then i had to do a PIM "learn" to the PCM.
All three modules need to "talk" to each before it will start and run.
If you have a BCM and Key,PCM and the PIM then it can be done.
As Antus suggested its cheaper to get someone to disable the VATS
Ok - thanks guys. So it looks as though I'll have to bite the bullet and get me the HPTuners Suite... *update*: I now have two LS1's (one installed in the Toz) and the other taking up room on the driveway for the WB. I need to disable VATS for both, and tune the WB for LPG after a rebuild - then basically play with tunes [more so with the Toz] and have some fun.
I note the Pro version has extra sensor inputs and only costs around $150 more, where as - if you were to go the standard then change your mind for the pro eventually - it would cost $289 in the long run. Do you guys think it's worth it [as longevity insurance], cause i'm not sure i'd use those features? And basically, would anyone tell me to stay away from HPTuners, or is it really the go to package? Thanks for everything including your thoughts, Peter
i have hp tuners with the pro interface and the feature you may use from it most is the wideband input, can have other stuff but thats probably the most common use for it.
i believe from memory also the pro interface allows you to datalog without having the laptop connected but the standard doesn't ? (can't remember)
as far as which is the best product i don't know, people use efilive or hp tuners most commonly and each have their own preference for various reasons. In my case both HPT and EFILive has F@#K all support for my alloytec V6 so its much of a muchness for me
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower!