Electrical issue VS EcoTech

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Electrical issue VS EcoTech

Post by vlad01 »

I had a similar issue on my VP when I dropped in a fresh engine 3 or 4 years ago. it wasn't until i got my wheel alignment done that its broke down under load. was fine driving normal then breaking down under acceleration and was terrible up any hill til I pulled over near a bus depot with a repair shop as back.

I found that I forgot to do up the 7mm bolt on the dfi plug and it must of got knocked loose by the guys doing my front end alignment as they had to adjust my strut tops.

went across to this bus depot and borrowed a 7mm socket and ratchet and away I went again lol. :driving:
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: Electrical issue VS EcoTech

Post by Helical »

When mine started to go I found it was worse cruising than anywhere else. Under load it seemed to run fine.