Hand made Stuff
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
Re: Hand made Stuff
Looks like you have some great skills Festy I would love to see some more pics of stuff you've made for sure.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Hand made Stuff
hmmmm 3d printers hey, ive got access to a makerbot 2..... and yeah more pics please!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
IvanTheTerrible
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm
- cars: Many and varied!
- Location: HELL
Re: Hand made Stuff
Home made engine mounts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
Re: Hand made Stuff
they look like suspension bushes, I think I've done something similar once and it works well, nice work. Was it a conversion or were you trying to make your mounts more solid?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Hand made Stuff
antus wrote:hmmmm 3d printers hey, ive got access to a makerbot 2..... and yeah more pics please!
can someone make me a RHS T5 to ecotec bell housing bracket?
i think i might need one cast lol.
-
engybenjy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:55 pm
- cars: All makes and models/ dyno shop
- Location: Benalla
Re: Hand made Stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Hand made Stuff
Anyone up for a little job?, I got factory seat rail jig plans from VW so you can jig and reweld the seat rails to the floor pan. In my case one rail cracked across it and broke so I need to replace the whole rail and also the rusted floor pan on that side.
However I need access to a lathe and some skills to go with it, which I don't really have
. I could take it to an engineer but that would cost me an arm and a leg. So anyone keen to help me out?



However I need access to a lathe and some skills to go with it, which I don't really have



-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Hand made Stuff
Is the hole in part 2 where part 4 fits 12mm or 8.2mm?
i.e. is part 4 12mm dia for 12mm then 8.2mm dia for 2mm, or 12mm dia for 9mm then 8.2mm for 5mm? the plans aren't clear
(I assume it's part 4 that you're after, and need 2 of them?)
i.e. is part 4 12mm dia for 12mm then 8.2mm dia for 2mm, or 12mm dia for 9mm then 8.2mm for 5mm? the plans aren't clear
(I assume it's part 4 that you're after, and need 2 of them?)
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Hand made Stuff
looks like to me the 2mm part is in addition to the thickness of the angle iron, that 2mm protrusion would locate in to holes in the rail and be as thick as the metail the rail is made from to be a tight clap once bolted.
I have no idea what the standard angle iron thicknesses are? 3mm from what you are saying.
I have no idea what the standard angle iron thicknesses are? 3mm from what you are saying.
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: Hand made Stuff
Yep the BOM states 3mm thickness. Reading through the instructions they mention drilling 8.2mm holes and not 12mm holes, so guess that means 9mm @ 12 dia then 5mm (3+2) @ 8.2 dia.
Is this roughly what you expect the part to look like? (That's an M6 x 25mm bolt with a 10mm head, to give you a size reference)
Is this roughly what you expect the part to look like? (That's an M6 x 25mm bolt with a 10mm head, to give you a size reference)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.