1st time tuning, but some small problems
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
i used to have the same issue with the ecotec in the torana, i lowered the lean cruise temp because it would cut in and out while cruising in winter!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
So in the guide it says I need to download the ADX for logging, or do I just the use the ADX that I am currently using from the 12p v111 ?
the ADX defines for TP what to do with the data right?
the ADX defines for TP what to do with the data right?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
thats probably right, pretty much is winter here. in the teens during the day, low teens to single digit on the cooler days.Holden202T wrote:i used to have the same issue with the ecotec in the torana, i lowered the lean cruise temp because it would cut in and out while cruising in winter!
So far without lean cruise I get about average 6.5L/100 on flat road. haven't looked at fuel usage on lean cruise yet. If I can get in down to the 5s I would be stoked.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
Sounds like you have it loaded already, it would be called "OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx"vlad01 wrote:So in the guide it says I need to download the ADX for logging, or do I just the use the ADX that I am currently using from the 12p v111 ?
the ADX defines for TP what to do with the data right?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
VL400 wrote:Sounds like you have it loaded already, it would be called "OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx"vlad01 wrote:So in the guide it says I need to download the ADX for logging, or do I just the use the ADX that I am currently using from the 12p v111 ?
the ADX defines for TP what to do with the data right?
yep, did that months ago. So I just press record right? then look at the history tables when played back?
So how do i save that as a file? so others can take a look.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
Press record, got for a drive, press stop and it will open a file dialog to save the log. You can then open and play it back (to fill history tables etc) or post it here. Its an XDL file.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
Awesome! thanks.
probably a good idea i a get a WB now, I got some knock at full load high rpm and then goes away as i approach red line.
Running 95 RON and it pretty cool weather atm.
not sure whats causing it but i think the VE tables might need tweaking in that area. WB should confirm this.
Whats a good one to get?
probably a good idea i a get a WB now, I got some knock at full load high rpm and then goes away as i approach red line.
Running 95 RON and it pretty cool weather atm.
not sure whats causing it but i think the VE tables might need tweaking in that area. WB should confirm this.
Whats a good one to get?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
I've used the innovate MTX-L and LC-1 and they both work perfectly.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
The MTX-L likes like a good one.
I have read a little in VE learn. would that be useful for fine tuning the VE table coupled with the WB?
I want to get WB for logging anyway.
I have read a little in VE learn. would that be useful for fine tuning the VE table coupled with the WB?
I want to get WB for logging anyway.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: 1st time tuning, but some small problems
ve learn is not the fastest way of tuning the ve table, but if your table is not too far out and you just want it done while you drive then it works well.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread